Thats not knife related

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
No knives in these pictures. Just the cutest bird ever. I bought my wifie a conure for Mothers day and she has so much fun with it. I had no idea birds were so entertaining, this one loves to do anything we do.

IMG_0027_zps355746e8.jpg

IMG_0022_zps51a3f36f.jpg

This is the "pond less waterfall" we made this summer for our backyard.

IMG_0013_zps3b54c7ba.jpg

Last edited:
I think birds are cool too. They seem to always have a personality all their own.
LOVE the waterfall , we are wanting to do something similar. They are Sooo relaxing , just sitting and listening to the water.

Thanks for posting

Dwane

Nice bird, Bruce.
Just outta curiosity, what do you think he'll weigh around , oh...let's say.... Thanksgiving?

Just askin...
Steve

Just Kidding. Birds are great pets. We had a cockatiel for 20 years.

Good looking bird - which conure is he/she? I had a couple of peach fronted conures years ago. Both suffered a bad accident and passed on. They sure can become a member of the family. Great little birds - and can be very noisy for their size.

Great garden area - I've GOT to keep my wife away from this thread so she doesn't see that!

Ken H>

Last edited:
This little guy should be about 12 pounds by Thanksgiving with all the food she eats. Conures don't talk as well as the bigger parrots but she tries. She sees Kaye drive up and starts chattering nonsense. I've taught her the wolf whistle, bob white and the whipper will sounds. She's good at those and she is just 6 months old. They are suppose to live 20 years or more so maybe she will eventually learn more.

This waterfall is much bigger than pictured. We carried rocks home from everywhere we went. It was hard to do and expensive. It costs a tad over $1000 for the kit. Its real nice to listen to in the mornings and evenings. So relaxing. Our 3 month old grandson loves to sit with us out there.

Last edited:
Good looking bird - which conure is he/she? I had a couple of peach fronted conures years ago. Both suffered a bad accident and pasted on. They sure can become a member of the family. Great little birds - and can be very noisy for their size.

Great garden area - I've GOT to keep my wife away from this thread so she doesn't see that!

Ken H>
she is a Pineapple green cheek.
Too bad about your birds, I can see how accidents can happen because she is always getting into stuff and riding around on our shoulders. We've had her in the mountains picking up rocks a couple times and she wants to help by jumping in the pickup bed just as we put a big rock in there.

I just did some reading on the Pineapple Conure and it seems to be a new breed..... well, newer than back when I was fooling around with them. From reading, the Pineapple isn't as noisy as the normal conure. They are great little pets with full personality.

Have fun with the bird - and a great garden also. My hat's off to you.

edit: I guess "new breed" isn't correct, but new color mutation is more what I read - does that sound correct?

Ken H

Last edited:
Yes, I guess the Pineapple is a new mutation and kinda rare because of that. They have a real good personality and get into trouble all the time. This one had her head in my coffee the other day, she swung upside down for hours after that. :) they are like having a 2 year old in the house for 20 years. Thankfully you can put em back in the cage.
I just did some reading on the Pineapple Conure and it seems to be a new breed..... well, newer than back when I was fooling around with them. From reading, the Pineapple isn't as noisy as the normal conure. They are great little pets with full personality.

Have fun with the bird - and a great garden also. My hat's off to you.

edit: I guess "new breed" isn't correct, but new color mutation is more what I read - does that sound correct?

Ken H

Back