That hurt (Graphic bloody picture)

Chris Railey

This is what the thin edge of a 60 Grit Cubitron II running WAO will do to your finger when you are stupid enough to adjust your light while the grinder is running. Blood on the floor, blood on my chair, blood on my work bench, blood on the hood of my car. Looks like a crime scene in my shop. One makeshift TQ and six steri-strips later I think I got the blood stopped. Man that hurt. Here is a tip... stop the grinder dummy.42D73148-FD33-49A9-A749-BC006562D1BB.jpeg26526274-FA8E-4BA9-A692-A2389909A829.jpeg

Can Chris say "watta dope"?
Sorry to say, but we've all done sumptin stoopid like that .... Just waiten to git caught. It was your turn. Now, start over and ....
BE CAREFUL.

Been there done that!! Don't take but a Millisecond either!! I think yours is worse than mine though!!

Once I stopped cussing and throwing stuff The Elevation and pressure helped a lot for sure. A trick I learned when I used to spend a lot of time in an off shore boat was to let the wound bleed some to clear any chunky debris (mostly chunks of squid or fish innards) before you poured beer in the wound. It may not have helped anything but I only got an infection once in all those years. Lol.

I've got a bad habit of grabbing and feathering my lathe chuck to slow it down after turning the machine off. Now, normally I don't do this when the jaws extend past the outer periphery of the chuck, but like it I said: Bad habit.

I'm not sure if my index and middle finger tips were as much "cut" as they were "exploded" from the impact. They're mostly healed up again, but holy crap did that hurt.

Nothing a paper towel and a bit of electrical tape couldn't immediately handle, but it was rough trying to hold anything with my left hand for about a week.

Not the blood, but the issues it can cause.
Agreed! I pulled it apart and made sure the triple antibiotic Got inside the cut. I have it immobilized now. Anybody have an idea of when I should let it bend again? I was thinking maybe as soon as I could without bleeding again but that is a WAG.

Last time I cut a knuckle that bad, I kept it mostly immobilized with a few wraps of self adherent wrap over the bandage for 2 weeks.

Just keep it clean and wrapped. The longer the better. After it closes up use some safety tape that only sticks to itself.
I really despise laying my fingernail against the running belt. For some reason it hurts.

Thanks guys. Went back to grinding after splinting it. I am supposed to play the drums tomorrow at church. I guess I better cancel that one. I tried taping a stick in my left hand but it messes with my feel. Not sure I could do it justice.

Back