Table knives

Von Gruff

KNIFE MAKER
Have been abke to get back to the shed after a number of days having to take care of other responsibilities and was able to finish some of the knives that have been on the back burner.
First off I wanted to get some table knives done with the top one being my half of the his and hers eating knives with buffalo horn handles on a blade of 5 1/8 x .09 15N20. Next down is my side plate knife I made from a .03 SS spatula a hidden tang in a desert ironwood handle. The her half of the eating knife set with a 4 1/2 x.09 15N20 blade with white synthetic bench top material and the bottom one is a sideplate knife I made from a piece of an old handsaw blade just .025 thick but the handle was a bit of an experiment having black and orange liners under a blue micarta handle.
X0te7l5l.jpg

ujH6Qatl.jpg

NrzZBqvl.jpg

I had started to make my side table knife with swamp kauri handles but trying to inlet the tang for the second side had a catastrophic crack so used the desert ironwood instead and am more than happy with the resulting handlle.
xui2pB2l.jpg

This was the SS spatula I used to make my sideplate blade from.
A2cpb1ol.jpg

Every so often I have to toss out the used belts
oIihkpSl.jpg

The look great Von! You have a wide base of blade styles and you execute them nicely.
I have a belt pile that looks a lot like yours.

Back