Surface grinder help

macfly

Hey dogz,

I found a Harig surface grinder 6x12 , compound sine chuck with dual magnets, 220 3phase. I dont have 3 phase in my shop i have 220 single phase. Is it possible to use a vfd controller?

Thank you
Mike

Don't mind me buddin in. where is the best place to get the VS controllers?
I need one with a dial for my KMGhuh1

Don't mind me buddin in. where is the best place to get the VS controllers?
I need one with a dial for my KMGhuh1

You can buy brand new Hitachi and other surplus VFDs on ebay at a good price. I've even seen a 15hp vfd going for only $700 :eek:.

The 2hp model I'm buying for my surface grinder is only $225 shipped which isn't horrible for a good brand.

Stabber,
I like and send all of my customers to Des Electric. They also have great prices on convertors. I haven't or have had a customer have a problem with any of there products in the 7 years I've been here.

Well thier site looks like it's down right now so here's a # 318-352-8868. Give them a call you'll be glad you did.

I use a KB Electronics Genesis model KBAC-27D on my Harig 612. Works great! I bought mine through Rob Frink. If you have any problems with the machine call Jim Seyller for Harig technical support. He posted on the introductions section of this forum.

Hey dogs thanks for all the help. Ted thank you for Jim Seyller number had a good visit with him he is the HARIG SURFACE GRINDER GOD!!!

Back