Strike Hold

bladegrinder

Anybody ever use this stuff on their knives, I've never seen it for sale and stumbled on it cruising the internet.
it's a CLP that supposedly leaves a protective film, but no paraffin waxes. there's some sales pitch videos out there.
It sounds like something worth trying, so I bought a bottle off flea bay.

I'll give my thoughts after I gat it and try it.

I deny knowledge of any ads on this post !..............................

DonL

I've used it mostly on damascus. I bought some of Alabama Damascus because it's one that was recommended. Turns out, a lot of tactical guys like it on their guns.

bladegrinder

Well I got it and am trying it around the shop. so far I've tried it on two Damascus blades that seemed to already have the carbon set pretty well,{ no more black crap coming off } after I applied this it seemed to totally set it. I need to wait till my next Damascus blade to really put this stuff to the test. it does clean gun barrels good. right now I'm so busy I don't really have time to do a test as to corrosion resistance. I'll post later with more thoughts on this stuff. I will say this, it has a really funky odor that I can't think of what it is.

arock

I know while I was in the Marine Corps that's what we used to clean and lube our weapons

bladegrinder

arock, out of curiosity was Strike Hold issued to you or did you get this elsewhere? and whats your opinion of this stuff as I bought primarily for firearms.