Still standing

Discussion in 'Dream Burls' started by Dream Burls, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Dream Burls

Dream Burls Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. I know it's been a while since I last posted and at the time I said I'd have some new inventory coming soon. That was back at the end of March. Well, here's my story, sad but true:

At the end of April, the 22nd to be exact, I was at the shop standing by the bandsaw cutting up some slabs when I felt a pretty strong pain in my chest. I'd been having some digestive issues lately so I thought it was related to that. I took a rest, went back to the bandsaw and finished my work. All the while I was feeling like crap. By the time I got home I could barely make it into bed, but I thought a good night's sleep might ease things. It didn't. The next morning it was clear that something was wrong and my wife ushered me into a cab and off we went to the ER. Turns out I had a moderate heart attack and that evening they placed a stent in my left anterior descending artery. Wish I could say that was the end of it, but I found myself back in the ER twice after that. With more tests and a tweaking of my meds things started to get better for me and now I'm in a cardio rehab fitness program feeling much better.

I'm getting back to business with Dream Burls and I hope to have some new stock in the store later this week. As a bonus I've just lowered the prices on a number of species including Cocobolo, Gray Box Burl, Leopardwood and Bradford Pear. I hope you can pay the site (www.dreamburls.com) a visit and get reacquainted. Thanks for all your past support and I look forward to doing business with you as time goes by.

P.S. It's good to be alive!

2. Smallshop

Smallshop KNIFE MAKER

Wow! Glad you're feeling better!

3. Dream Burls

Thanks Ted, much appreciated.

4. John Wilson

John Wilson Well-Known Member

You got lucky, man. I'm very happy to hear that you got help in time. Best wishes!

5. Dream Burls

Thanks for the good wishes Ted. Yes, I got very lucky.