Sterling Silver Dragon Gauntlet

Discussion in 'Rick Haney Design Knives' started by Rick Haney Design, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Rick Haney Design

Rick Haney Design Well-Known Member

This being my website to share my knifemaking for everyone to visit,I'll show my jewelry pieces as well.:D

This piece was made from a request of a friend on a knife forum,He wanted a heavy gauntlet or bracelet possibly made of sterling silver.I asked him why he wanted such a heavy piece he replied "It will be used in a type of martial arts that teaches back blocks & back hand strikes etc....

Then I suggested to him that we put maybe a high relief dragon on the surface to aid in impact.So that's how I designed this piece.

It is made of sterling silver,110 grams.Lightly tumbled finish.

Have plans for a cool line of lanyard beads,Bulldog for Knife Dogs real soon!;)

Hope you like it.:D

Attached Files:

2. Rick Haney Design

Oops!Pics didn't attach!I'll fix that ASAP!:D

3. Rick Haney Design

This should do it.:D

Attached Files:

4. SDS

SDS Forum Owner-Moderator

Impressive. I can certainly see how it would have some very specific applications to some fighting styles.

Your a man of many talents.

SDS

5. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

That is amazing work!(scratches head in awe):)

6. Rick Haney Design

SDS,Wearing this on the street most people at a glance only see this as jewelry.But with someone versed in how to use it in a self defense situation It could become a effective tool.Thanks.:D

Scott,I appreciate that.:D

7. stabber

stabber Knife Dealer Extraordinaire

Very nice Rick!!2thumbs

8. John Barker

John Barker SUPERModerator & KNIFE MAKER

That's awesome!
    -John

9. Frstr8

Frstr8 Designated Dog Photo Chopper

Lanyard beads you say? 2thumbs

10. Rick Haney Design

Thanks Guys.:D

Frstr8,Yes I'm doing some thinking on what I want to make,Most beads out there are some form of a skull.I'm thinking more unique beads.For strarters I'm making a bulldog bead for people here.:D

I may start a poll thread here to see what subject people would want in a lanyard bead.;)

11. M.Olexey

M.Olexey Well-Known Member

That is really nice Rick.

Is that cast?

mo

12. Rick Haney Design

Mo,Yes it is cast.Due to the large size it was vaccuum cast,Minimizes porosity in the cast.This version is hollowed out to reduce the weight to a wearable 110 grams yet have some mass,I originally made the master piece solid on my friend's request.That bad boy came to the scales at 368 grams!
    It was a beast of a piece,But my friend is 6'5" 280lbs+ manageable for him to wear.It's alot of silver to cast at one time!:D

13. Jeff Pearce

Jeff Pearce KNIFE MAKER

I would like to see the bull dog beads ..Those will be cool.

14. Rick Haney Design

Jeff,I'm close to starting a WIP thread soon showing how I carve the wax,Then show the casting process at my friends jewelry workshop 2 minutes away.I'm looking at making the head a stylized bulldog.:D