Started a blade in 1993

CTaylorJr

WAY BACK in 93, I started a blade made out of "some sort" of stainless.

I was working for a company at the time called Iron Works and we mostly made ornamental iron fixtures and handles. One day I ran across this piece of stainless and decided I was gonna make a knife from it.

Now, until this moment I had only made knives from high carbon "stuff". Plow bars, springs, harrow teeth, etc... The ONLY stainless I'd ever seen was in a kitchen at the local restaurant... But, I saw this piece of stainless and immediately profiled it... Profiled it with 3 different files, took some sandpaper to it, engraved my initials and the date into it with a dremel, and then met a sexy chick!

Well, long story short, the chick took me away from the knife, had a family, yada yada yada....

About this time last year I ran across that blade once again... The fever returned like a bad virus!

Since my "fever" returned I've made several knives that have been sold, given away, and tossed into a drawer... I've also met a knife maker that has shared a LOT with me...

But I have NOT been able to bring myself to finish the "stainless" knife.

I know, the stainless bar I started with is "junk" in regards to knife making, but I want to finish her at some point for my own sanity... It will be for display purposes in my home...

Now, what pray tell is my point? Well, honestly, I have no point... Just needed to get it out... Anyone else share my madness?

Charlie

Pictures?

As far as the madness... I think all of us share it with you! Some less than others, some more than others...

Me? I'd say it's probably more than a lot of others... ;) hahah

Funny thing a woman can do to a man, but to give up knife making in your prime Lmao you musta been whipped ha ha ha. Now make a real knife your at the right place to get started more pro makers here with excellent advice than youll ever find. I love CPM 154 knives hard on belts hard to sharpen and loved by everyone who uses one. Kellyw

Back