Sorta Custom- 52100 w/ Redwood and Carbon Fiber

Daniel Rohde

This is one of a pair of twins that I made for a customer but found out a few months later that he had died in a car crash since ordering them so now I have to figure out what to do with them...But its a nice knife and I thought I'd share.

Overall: 11 1/2"
Blade: 6" (Or somthing like that)
Steel: 52100
Handle is Stabalized Redwood and Carbon fiber(from dah BossDog)

31216210942_954f358476_c.jpg

31324254436_be2219bd24_c.jpg

Last edited:
BTW. Doing belt finish with a homemade fairly fast, single speed 2x72 is a PAIN! Just thought you'd like to know that....Stuggles....

I'm sorry to hear about your customer.

On a lighter note, the knife(s) are spectacular. I have yet to turn out a machine finish that I was totally happy with, but I absolutely love the contrast you get between the vertical grind marks and the flats. That contrast is something I chase every time on a hand finished blade and I'm never quite satisfied with that, either.

Your handle work on this one is incredible. Talk about leaving no stone unturned. From the wood and bolsters to the pins to the liners- you really outdid yourself.

The blade geometry is really cool. It may take a little bit to find a customer that is looking for such, but in the meantime these are seriously beautiful show pieces. Maybe that's the ticket: call them the "Persian Bowie Pair" and mark them up in the stratosphere *where they belong, btw*, and they'll probably sell immediately.

That's a fantastic knife, Daniel! I really love everything about it. If I may ask, what did you use for liners? It looks like it might be copper and kevlar?

Daniel, I can honestly say that your work just keeps getting better and better. Your grind lines are so crisp and clean, I envy you. Beautiful work on the handle, both in the choice of material and the fit and finish. You can be proud of this one. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Back