Sometimes I amaze myself

Motor City Mike

With my stupidity

Today I was hand sanding a blade and I was on the final grit

I have a bar of brass and a piece of leather that I use as a backer for the sandpaper

I get a new strip of sandpaper but can't find my brass bar. So I grabbed a file that was sitting next to my vice figuring, hey this is flat and sturdy

Those of you that are cringing right now have way more common sense than me

You guessed it, the file slipped off the leather and skated across my blade leaving deep nasty scratches

UGH!!

Lesson learned I guess

Edit: I even put this thread in the wrong place...some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed

Ever had that little voice in your head that says "This might not be a good idea" I've ignored it and a micro second after I messed something up it says "When are you going to stop being an idiot and listen to me?" :)

With my stupidity

Today I was hand sanding a blade and I was on the final grit

I have a bar of brass and a piece of leather that I use as a backer for the sandpaper

I get a new strip of sandpaper but can't find my brass bar. So I grabbed a file that was sitting next to my vice figuring, hey this is flat and sturdy

Those of you that are cringing right now have way more common sense than me

You guessed it, the file slipped off the leather and skated across my blade leaving deep nasty scratches

UGH!!

Lesson learned I guess

Edit: I even put this thread in the wrong place...some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed

Some days it don't pay to gnaw thru the bindings on your straight jacket!!!! Those kind of lessons are not easily forgotten!!

Back