Snakeskin in plastic - any guesses?

Meridian Blades

Moderator - Knife Maker
Anyone seen anything like this before? Looks like hard plastic with the pattern going all the way through... Hmmm

1-1-9.jpg

2-1-7.jpg

Yes, I agree. Hummmm. All sorts of possibilities. What do you know of the product? Where do you get it?

Doug

Gee whiz Doug............all these questions...... HAHAHHAHA....
Well I went to one of those estate sales where you see all those old hand tools and cool stuff. My wife was not impressed.....Well there was a few blocks of this stuff and some white plastic stuff looks like delrin I think. I dunno its definately plastic, but I wonder if it can be glued up? I just thought the pattern was cool lookin.......so I got a few of them, and some drum sanders that the guy had that take regular sandpaper. I have never seen stuff like this tho so I thought I would ask you dogs.. Larry

Oh, well, worth a try. You didn't say how thick they were. If they're thick enough you could always try to use them in a handle being that you have them.

Doug

Oh, well, worth a try. You didn't say how thick they were. If they're thick enough you could always try to use them in a handle being that you have them.

Doug

I was just giving you a hard time Doug........Thats all i know about them tho. Maybe I will see if I can get epoxy to stick to it... L

ask Steve Janik. He has a lot cabinet counter top experience...he should know.

Yeah, it looks like Poly Pearl type stuff. Masecraft has a lot of stuff like that in their building; some actually have raised texture on it, others is just the coloring. It is fairly easy to sand/buff since it's soft, but it may chip like crazy if you try to turn it.

It is Black Delryn. It has that pearl looking pattern in it...all the colors of delryn are that way. I have a quantity of bright green and a gray as well as the black in my shop[ and they all look like that.

Back