Small hunter from scrap material

leafspring

hi all,

I just completed a small hunter made from totally scrap/repurposed materials. All i bought on this knife was epoxy glue.
It is 3 3/4” blade, 7 3/4 OAL
Blade was a file. Handle was a tree limb from neighbor and cow bones from beef stock making with a piece of brass spacer from a brass pipe.
This is how it started
8_E80_A2_A6_8039_4229_8_BF0_1_DBA303459_BE.jpg

Blade was clay tempered and quenched in canola oil. The wood was stained with FC to get darker and looks walnuty then whiped with teak oil.
F28_AD896_1791_424_D_916_D_D879_BCF1_FD00.jpg

AAC0_D3_A5_A6_BC_4_AAE_98_D5_98_B51_C9008_A0.jpg

10_E0079_F_FEA3_4614_ABAA_E58_D264134_FA.jpg

Hope you like it

Fantastic! I really like it, a lot! Got any more pictures you can share. How did you work the bone?

That is so cool!! That's what I love about this Hobby!! Repurposing stuff is king!! Awesome looking knife too!! Who but you (and all of us!! LOL!!) will ever know!!

Great eye for design...mad sketching skills...sees in 3d (by the look of the finished results in comparison to the sketches)...AND...clean leather work!...AND...takes quality pics with a cell phone....SIGH...lol.

Seriously...very nice work. That knife with the white red and green liner? Beautiful...just as simple as can be with great lines. All of them are nice though!

You did one heck of a job very nice.Now with the cow bones wat did you do fill the holes with epoxy?

Back