Silicone Sheet

Chris623

I'm planning on using my 9" diameter by 8" deep vacuum bell for stabilizing handle scales. I've located a vacuum pump. Now all I need is a silicone sheet to put on the "floor" of the chamber to seal the bell. Any suggestions as to the thickness of the sheet and where I might buy it? I'm seeing lots of cooking sheets available, but don't think they are thick enough to create a proper seal.

There will be companies on the net who will cut what you need. I had a gasket cut specifically to the size of my vac chamber for peanuts. I think it was 3mm of so nitrile rubber and cut into a perfect circle by the company I used. Less give then silicone but that makes for a better and more solid seal I found.

Used to purchase from McMaster-Carr a lot when I was in our family's plastic manufacturing business. Just don't think of them much any more. Thanks, I'll check into that source.

So what are you using for the clear lid. Mine has a 3/4 in polycarbonate material that seems to allow the cactus juice to bond to it which makes the surface a little opaque so I have had to sand it off to be able to see through it easily a couple of times

My late Father was a jeweler. He had a Plexiglass dome he used for a vacuum chamber. 10" diameter at the base and 8" tall at the peak. The vacuum pump he used will pull 28/29". Think it'll be a good setup for stabilizing.

Back