Signed up from Ohio

Zanderman

Shaughnessy suggested that I join. I am a hobby knife maker trying to break out. I use the stock removal process and I do my own heat treat with a one brick forge. In high school metal shop I recall my teacher saying that we could make whatever we wanted to as long as it was not a knife. I wish that I had discovered this hobby sooner.

Hello and Welcome ~

We have quite an array of makers here from noobs (me) on up the chain to world-class builders. Ask questions, you'll get answers.

BC

Zanderman, welcome to the pack. I second what Bill said. I'm a new maker (starting to grind on my second blade since I got my grinder today). This place is filled with alot of great information as well as a whole pack full of guys and gals who are willing to answer questions to help you out. I've been a member of a few other forums over the past year or so and find this one has the friendliest environment. Home you enjoy your stay.

Murph

Welcome, Yo another Ohio Knife Dog.
I made a cannon in my metal shop class in HS. Fired .50 cal ammo. Last day of school he let me fire it off outside the shop.
Don't get to have that kind of fun is school anymore.

Thank you for accepting me into the pack.

Nihiser, have seen some of your work and your accomplishments. Superb craftmanship. Hope to reach that level of quality one day.

Welcome to Knife Dogs.

I grew up about 25 miles east of Akron in SE Portage county a mile fron Newton Falls. If you shoot any 3-D archery you'ld probably know my Dad. Good luck with your quest to turn pro.

-Josh

Hey Zanderman, welcome to the Dog House! I'm down the road from you a bit, in Delaware, OH just north of Columbus.

Welcome to Knife Dogs.

I grew up about 25 miles east of Akron in SE Portage county a mile fron Newton Falls. If you shoot any 3-D archery you'ld probably know my Dad. Good luck with your quest to turn pro.

-Josh

Josh, I have not done very many 3D shoots in this area but I would like to start again. Newton Falls has Zip.

Hey Zanderman, welcome to the Dog House! I'm down the road from you a bit, in Delaware, OH just north of Columbus.

NJStricker, I have a relative and a few friends in the Columbus are. At this time of year I wish I lived a little closer to the Hocking area.

Back