Showed up out of the blue.....

Bailey Boat

I've been lurking for a month or so and finally decided to register yesterday.
I'm a knife "assembler" meaning that I don't have the ability, expertise or machinery to actually make a blade so I use blades from major suppliers and I do the rest.
I'm looking forward to hanging around and learning a few things from those of you farther advanced than I am......
Bill....

That makes you a cutler which is all good.
Welcome to KnifeDogs..
t

Welcome to KD!

We all start somewhere, the important thing is to start. Read the WIP and search for what your looking for. Then if you don't understand or find it, ask. Get ready to receive more answers than what you will actually need to resolve you question. Because there are many ways to do the same thing.

Welcome
There is a wealth of other sets of eyes,experienced makers,masters, and most of all great people who all want to see another person succeed in this field.

Welcome
There is a wealth of other sets of eyes,experienced makers,masters, and most of all great people who all want to see another person succeed in this field.

Thanks everyone for the welcome. But let me be clear, I'm NOT trying to make this another career just make/assemble a few knives here and there as another hobby (just what I need).... I'm semi retired (kept my best 3 clients out of 12) from being a consultant for owners of apartment communities and need something to fill in "excess" time from hunting, fishing, skeet shooting, pistol and rifle instruction and of course golf. I have at least 3 or 4 hours a week that I'm currently wasting. LOL......

uh huh. that's what i said, too. Now my family thinks I've abondoned them. I spend every moment I'm not at my day job out in the shop because I'm always behind on knife jobs. Somehow "hey, I'd like to learn how to make knives" turned into a full time job in my off time.

Thanks everyone for the welcome. But let me be clear, I'm NOT trying to make this another career just make/assemble a few knives here and there as another hobby (just what I need).... I'm semi retired (kept my best 3 clients out of 12) from being a consultant for owners of apartment communities and need something to fill in "excess" time from hunting, fishing, skeet shooting, pistol and rifle instruction and of course golf. I have at least 3 or 4 hours a week that I'm currently wasting. LOL......
Nothing was intended for the statement to meaning his as a career, just the success of a better finish,fit or overall improvements as anything to do with knives.

Nothing was intended for the statement to meaning his as a career, just the success of a better finish,fit or overall improvements as anything to do with knives. 

I realize that, maybe I'm just attempting to justify (or deny) what I'm doing. But I know in my heart I can quit any time I want, I really can...... just don't want to right now....

True, remember no one likes a quitter. Its a good hobby/addiction. It can pay for its self some day. Lol

Back