Shop Pics

Discussion in 'Rick Haney Design Knives' started by Rick Haney Design, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Rick Haney Design

Rick Haney Design Well-Known Member

This is pics of my modest shop in my garage,I wanted to share some pics of where I spend some of my free time.:D

Attached Files:

2. Rick Haney Design

More shop pics.:D

Attached Files:

3. vico

vico Member

What makes a knifemaker?..........

lack of space for cars in the garage. ;)

4. LR Adkins

LR Adkins Well-Known Member

Your shop is looking good, you have enough toys to keep you busy. I had to rent a building, the boss stopped the garage thing a long time ago.

Larry

5. RAGUEL3

RAGUEL3 Well-Known Member

Nice economical use of space bud :)

6. Rick Haney Design

Thanks Guys!It's lacking a few key pieces of equipment that would help in my knifemaking,Mini mill,Surface grinder,Maybe a Burgmaster w/ keyless chucks.One of these days!:DJust paying my dues with what I got.;)

7. Drago

Drago Guest

Nice grinder! Looks like you have a lot of good stuff in there.

8. Rick Haney Design

Daniel,Nothing like a Dozier!I get by with what I have.:D

9. spIder

spIder Guest

Hi Rick. Yer second home. Got a cot in there? :D

10. Rick Haney Design

Rolf,Don't need a cot in that dirty shop!The basement room next to the garage is where I do my computer CAD designs,There's a place to crash.:D

11. spIder

spIder Guest

Gotcha!
    The other night my wife told me to put a cot in MY shop. :eek: We made up. :)

12. Rick Haney Design

At least your wife didn't tell You to put the cot in the dog house!:D

13. James Terrio

James Terrio Well-Known Member

I really like all the drawers in your white bench. Is that an old vanity or kitchen cabinet? Heck of an idea if it is.

I tell people if worse comes to worse money-wise, I can always rent out the house and sleep in the shop. No cot, but I got sleeping bags and pads, microwave, pizza oven, radio... all I need is one of those little dorm fridges :D

14. Rick Haney Design

James,Thanks.They are kitchen cabinets I got at a wholesale salvage,Butcher board on top.Gives me 8 ft per cabinet,The drawers keep your stuff out of sight.
    A radio is all I have in the shop,My dorm fridge is one of my favorite pieces of equipment especially if it's full of beer!:D

15. RAGUEL3

Radio/cable tv/toilet/sink/AC & Heat/attic access and dorm fridge in mine,lol all in a 8x27 space. Had to shoe horn the rest of the normal tools in there,lol Im a tool junky.

16. Rick Haney Design

Raquel3,You definitely have the setup in your shop!I'd never get anything done in my shop if I had cable TV!;)

17. RAGUEL3

LOL,.. well, i usually only have the TV on during college football season.
    Mainly music blaring all the time.