Sharing my illustrations with you Knife Dogs!

Discussion in 'Rick Haney Design Knives' started by Rick Haney Design, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Rick Haney Design

Rick Haney Design Well-Known Member

This is some illustrations I did back in 1993.I know this is non-knife related.Hope ya'll like um!:D

Attached Files:

2. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Number three McLaren is really amazing.

Thay are all very nice. WOW!

My daughter is an artist. Closest I ever came to art was eating crayons and sniffing markers.:)

3. BossDog

BossDog KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner

nice stuff...

4. Rick Haney Design

Scott,At one time I was trying to break into the Motorsports merchandising market in '93,Copyright issues stonewalled my efforts.:(Plus $10,000 agent fee really sank my ship.:eek:

The McLaren illustration was rendered from a Acura ad in Motorweek in '93,It was my inspiration to make it as close to looking like the photo.All done in Prismacolor pencils,No airbrush.Same way on the other color illustrations.:D

Tracy,Thank Boss!:D

5. JAWilliams

JAWilliams KNIFEMAKER

Great art work.

6. RAGUEL3

RAGUEL3 Well-Known Member

Nice Mr Rick. Have a friend who agrees on the fees,.. He does some work for Nascar, it pays well, but he had to pay OUT huge to get rights to do it.

7. Rick Haney Design

Mr Williams,Thank You Sir.:D

Raguel3,Thanks Buddy.:DI'm looking at getting some new illustrations started,Looking at possible subjects in Nascar,F1,Indy,WRC.It's been a few years since I pick up a pencil.:eek:

Last time was 1-1/2 years ago drawing my knife designs on quadrile paper,Now CAD is my preferred method of knife design now.:D

Knifemaking has been my passion for 7 years now,But the illustration bug has bit me recently.:D

Now I'm thinking of subject matter,Then research images.Once I have that in hand,I construct a possible composition layout.:D

I could talk about this for hours!:D