Sew Tech 5100 - thoughts ??

Meridian Blades

Moderator - Knife Maker
Sew Tech 5100 for Sale

There is one for sale but it doesn't come with the flat table attachment. Basically a new machine, and the seller wants $2500. Sells for $2300 regularly, but seller spent $400 in shipping from Canada.....

Anything I should be aware of..... total newbie to these machines, but tired of hand stitching.

Thanks Larry

Pic below......

hU9RFY7.jpg

All the Juki clones are pretty well tit for tat concerning specs etc and even the prices are pretty well in line. They are all excellent machines and perform generally very well. Pilot error seems to be the major difficulty.

Now having said all that WHERE and WHO FROM you buy your machine is very important. Satisfy yourself that the Guy or Company you choose will be there with excellent back up and customer service. I now use Cobra brand equipment simply because they are all so much alike, BUT the Cobra guys are there 24/7 in case I need them. They have never ever let me down. The machine and the specs are important, but the back up and service after the sale is equally important.

Oh, your Techsew 5100 is probably just as good as any of them......no better, no worse.

Paul

Thanks for the info Paul.....

The guy is local to me....and here is his ad. Seems like the technical support is for the life of the machine.

I have a near new Techsew 5100 I am looking to sell. I bought it last summer when it was looking like I would have a lot more free time for projects. I got a new job and now have absolutely no time to use this great machine. I used it for maybe 10hrs when I first got it and it has sat in my house ever since. I am looking to get close to what I paid for it because it is so new and shipping was quite expensive. It has some extras I can list later after I take inventory. I have the manual and all papers. Includes Limited Lifetime Warranty and FREE technical support for the life of your machine!

Asking $2,500 obo

Being local to you is a huge plus. Just be sure the distributor of the machine is on board with you, the new owner, so that there are no future warranty issues and service and help is readily at hand.

Paul

Being local to you is a huge plus. Just be sure the distributor of the machine is on board with you, the new owner, so that there are no future warranty issues and service and help is readily at hand.

Paul

Paul that's a good point, the warranty should transfer to the new owner (me).... otherwise that could be a potential problem down the road. I will probably call the company during business hours and find out how that all works, and if it does need service, can it be done locally (and be covered) or will it require shipping back to Canada to stay in warranty.

Thanks again for the help Paul......... Larry

UPDATE:

I went to see the machine in person and it appears like its brand new. The owner didn't really know how to run the machine. He was able to fold over a 5-6 oz piece of leather he had and stitch it just fine, but when I had him try 3 layers of veg tan scraps it didn't go so well. He said the tension needed to be adjusted and then it would be fine.

What I wish it had.... edge guide (would have to buy)
flat table attachment (would have to buy)

Emailed company and they said "warranty does not transfer from original owner".... its over a year old so that doesn't matter it was for only a yr anyways. Technical service is available only if it was bought from the company or one of their distributors. Trying to get an answer if that means original owner as well .....

I can't figure out why this machine is selling for about $500 more than the comparable cowboys / artisans.... Is it the 4/5 hp digital servo motor ??

Seller doesn't want to budge much since he paid $400 in shipping on top of his $2300 price...

Guess we will see what he wants to do.... he's moving to Florida in a couple months.

Last edited:
Okay, now after this new information, It's time for me to recommend that you look into the Cobra Brand machinery. The Cobra 3 or Cobra 4 specifically. Go to Leather Machine Co. (GOOGLE). The cobra packages come with all the goodies you want (stitch guide etc.)except maybe the flat bed attachment, which may be extra. Give them a call and tell Steve or David I sent you and they will treat you more than right........now and in the future. Just a phone call, then you decide.

Paul

Back