Severe Angle work rest

Gliden07

Well I finally got to put the Severe angle work rest together I bought from CDHumiston (Thank you Chris!). I bought 3, 1-1/2"x1-1/2" x 20" chunks of aluminum and made the tool arm, doing thatat least they were 1/2 the price of buying them pre-made!! Easy to make too! The cheapest I could find them was $116 plus shipping from OBM and I won't buy from them. Everyone else's where more!! I also bought all the aluminum for the surface grinder I'm going to build in that order for less than the 3 arms before shipping! Something to consider if you want tooling arms!! Next start on surface grinder!

Attachments

• 20230519_132255.jpg
    20230519_132255.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 20230519_132258.jpg
    20230519_132258.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Well I finally got to put the Severe angle work rest together I bought from CDHumiston (Thank you Chris!). I bought 3, 1-1/2"x1-1/2" x 20" chunks of aluminum and made the tool arm, doing thatat least they were 1/2 the price of buying them pre-made!! Easy to make too! The cheapest I could find them was $116 plus shipping from OBM and I won't buy from them. Everyone else's where more!! I also bought all the aluminum for the surface grinder I'm going to build in that order for less than the 3 arms before shipping! Something to consider if you want tooling arms!! Next start on surface grinder!

Glad to see it in use! Hope it serves you well. Post up some grinds when you have time.

Tables like that are really nice!! I gotta do my first dagger soon and will be using mine! I was able to get down to around 1.5 degrees on my AmeriBrade version, haven't tried to go lower than that yet.

Back