School work!

Les George

Admin - Founding Member
As some of you know, I am going to school full time right now. I am going for a degree in "Industrial Machining." Basically, now that I have shown a small level of competency around metal cutting tools I pretty much have run of the shop, to do with as I want.

This works out great for me since I am learning a lot and I have technical help available if I need it. I get to keep what I make and they have no problem with me making knife parts! cool 1

This does cut back on knife production, for right now, but I think it will even out once I get in the groove and find the balance.

Anyway here is where I am gonna post pics from the shop and the stuff I make.

Today I made some upgrades for my KMG. I always hatted the little tracking knob with it's little 1 inch diameter... So small...

So I made a 3.5 inch wheel that presses onto the original wheel to make it a little easier to spin. It works GREAT! :)

only had blue paint.... Short Bus

Yesterday I made some smaller contact wheels for the small wheel attachment. Just for final finishing of small radius places. This one is 5/16

I gotta get some bearing for the ends and try it out. cool 1

R

reticrich

looks like ur havin fun and learnin some good stuff all at the same time...keep up the hard work bro

Rich

R

rvin1911

Cool Toys Les2thumbs

I was going to say something but I think I'll pass this time:p

RAGUEL3

Hey Les,.. I want a tracking KNOB!!!,... (said in booming announcer voice,lol.)

Seriously bud,.. you should knock some out. I can think of several people with arthritic hands that use vise grips to turn the tracker.
Hell even I hate trying to find the lil bugger while watching the belt.

Brett Long

Hey Les,.. I want a tracking KNOB!!!,... (said in booming announcer voice,lol.)

Seriously bud,.. you should knock some out. I can think of several people with arthritic hands that use vise grips to turn the tracker.
Hell even I hate trying to find the lil bugger while watching the belt.

what he said. that knob would be great to have...take it 1.
man i miss school. this whole career thing just gets in the way.

Les George

Admin - Founding Member
It's pretty cool... I am making some adapters today so I can run scotch bright wheels with a 3" ID on my 5/8" arbor :)

Scott Jones

That doesn't look like any school I remember...I might have paid attention back then.Short Bus

...on second thought maybe not.:chasing cat:oops:D