Saw This And Immediately Thought of a Bruce Bump Creation So Displayed

ddavelarsen

Bruce, I know you know craftsmen who could build a case along these lines for your work too. This just blows me away. I hope you think about something like this one day for one (or all) of yours... Not that any of the cases for yours have been a slouch by any means! This just really turns me on.

This one honors a Broadwell creation, but a Bruce Bump masterpiece would totally be at home here.

case1_1200w.jpg

Dave, that Daivid Broadwell does look right at home in such luxurious surroundings. Making the display box is no problem for my good friend Roger T. The question is who is going to pay for it and the shipping. Usually I,m tapped out on time and money by the time I get most of them finished. Most higher end collectors have cabinets in their room with glass fronts and tops.

If I were at a gun show a display like this would be a neccesity. At the last knife show I went to we had a turn table so people could spin it around to see the entire piece. I still had to keep it oiled and wiped down because of spittle from talking. My worst nightmare is somebody dropping it on another knife or on the floor. They don't bounce well.

I would be happy to give Roger the job if a collector wanted something like this. He is able to make what I call "Catholic Church Quality" if so desired.

Last edited:
I can see your point Bruce. Chances are the owner had that built for the Broadwell. I damn well know if I had one of your knives, that's how it'd be displayed. Maybe some day, when I win the lottery or get a BIG raise! :D

Oh Man! Be careful what you wish for. One day my wife might say something mean and I'd be on my way! :) That'd show her wouldn't it!? I could learn to work like the big boys and she'd end up wishing I was back in my own shop. Ha!

I would like nothing better than spending a few days under your tutelage. I'd learn so much my work would really take off. Maybe I could learn to use that mill/lathe thing I have that never really gets used because I don't know how to use it well. Then maybe I could build a black powder pistol too! I've often thought of just trying to build a little derringer to get my feet wet, but seeing what it takes makes me think again. :) You guys who can do work like this just blow me away. I love it.

Thanks for your WIPs Bruce. They're truly works of art in their own right.

Back