RIP Hammer

EdCaffreyMS

Forum Owner - Moderator
Today, I had to say Goodbye to my once in a lifetime dog...... Hammer. We had 14 1/2 great years together.... best Duck Dog, and Best Buddy a guy could ever hope for. The shop seems a little empty without him. Those who have been to my shop, and have met Hammer, know he was something special, and he will be dearly missed.

John Wilson

I'm so sorry. Animals become part of our family, especially dogs. I loved all my dogs, but there are a two in my lifetime that really stood apart from the rest so I know how you feel.

opaul

I know how the loss of a beloved pet can be. You gave him the best years and he returned your love and affection many times over. Pets are family.

bladegrinder

Sorry for your loss Ed. I had a black lab named ruger for 14.5 years, his last year I was giving him glucosomine for his joints.
I don't have any kids or other pets so it was especially difficult to lose him.

Gliden07

Sorry to hear Ed! I had a Chcolate Lab named Brutis that I had for 16-1/2 years. Smartest dog with a personality to match that I ever had. Great Dog, still miss him.

C Craft

Sorry for your loss, Ed. When I lost my last one I sometimes heard him at night, or at least I thought I did for a long time!! They are as much family as family can be and sometimes more loved!!

Ed - Sorry to hear about Hammer. Sending heart felt condolences to the family for your loss. Although I knew the time was coming, I'm grateful that I got to spend some time with him. When we were working in the shop, it seemed that I had two Mastersmiths watching over my shoulder to make sure I did things right. Give Blade a treat for me.