Resuming Bladesmithing Classes!

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
I'll be getting my second covid vaccine in a few days, and have decided that I will reopen scheduling Bladesmithing/Knifemaking classes. FOR DATES STARTING JULY 2021.

With the uncertainty of the pandemic, and the new strains of the virus running around, I will be making one major modification.... that being that I will be waiving the required 50% down payment/30 days in advance of class start date... that way if cancellation is necessary, it won't be such a hassle with funds/refunds. The entire class fee will be due before we start the first day of class.

All class information and pricing is at the following webpage: http://www.caffreyknives.net/classes.html

If you have any questions, please email or PM me.

Smallshop

KNIFE MAKER
As I'm sure you well know too.... it's a tentative thing. :) Folks like you and I, with the issue we have, gotta be a bit more careful then the rest! ;)
Yep. I hadn't told anyone but the past 3 months was back in heart failure again....tues trip to Great falls...got the "you've been a good boy" from the doc! reduced some meds! Out of heart failure!!

Went to The Good Wood Guys and bought some pretty pau Ferro to celebrate!

MarcWeitz

Glad to hear both of ya's doing better. I haven't gotten shot one yet...they've given me an appointment for April 5th...I wanted the Pfizer brand, and well...have to wait if I'm gonna be so picky. Classes - man do I need that. It's always a good deal to hear people getting better.

fitzo

KNIFE MAKER
Hello, Ed, remember me from Paltalk and forum days? Mike Fitzgerald?
I have been dusting the shop off lately in hopes of maybe making a knife or three, yet, so sought the community. It's been a long time. Unsurprisingly, I don't see very many names I recognize.
I read of your health problems some years back. Breathing, IIRC? Hope you got some relief for it. I live with COPD, so can commiserate.
You folks speak of vaccines. I got Pfizer. Anyone been short of breath since?
Anyway, Ed, thought I'd say, "Hi," and wish you well. Take care.

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
MIKE!!! Wow! Good to see you back!!

Yeah, this health thing has really put a kink into me. Guess it's just the way of things.

The Docs chased it for literally 12 years before anyone got a handle on what it was...and diagnosed it. So now I just deal with it on a daily basis, and do what I have to in order to keep going.

Tomorrow morning is my second shot.... the Modera brand. Last time I had a 0830 appt at the Base (Malmstrom AFB) for my first shot....and I waited in line for 2 1/2 hours AFTER my appointment time. My second shot is also schedule for 0830...but I plan on being there when the doors open at 0730..... that way maybe I can get outta there before noon! Gotta love Uncle Sugar and his "hurry up and wait" thing! :)

Again, glad to see you back!!

fitzo

KNIFE MAKER
Hi, Ed,
Glad you found some relief for your issue. Sometimes these things take forever for the light bulb to finally light in someone's head. Hope your "fixes" do a great job for you.
Best wishes with the second shot.

Terry Hearn

Hello Ed and Mike, been a long time since those days. I no longer make knives due to some lung damage. I still love knives though. Always will, it's in the blood according to Mr. Cooper and there is nothing you can do about it. Hello to everyone on the forum from a tired out ole knifemaker way down in deep East Texas. Keep moving, Stay Safe!!

latticino

Tomorrow morning is my second shot.... the Modera brand. Last time I had a 0830 appt at the Base (Malmstrom AFB) for my first shot....and I waited in line for 2 1/2 hours AFTER my appointment time. My second shot is also schedule for 0830...but I plan on being there when the doors open at 0730..... that way maybe I can get outta there before noon! Gotta love Uncle Sugar and his "hurry up and wait" thing
I think it is just your local processing venue. Here in upstate NY it seems to be running like an extremely well oiled machine. I drove to the NY State Fairgrounds in Syracuse for my two. I was scheduled for a prime time on Saturday for both doses and didn't have more than a 2 minute wait during any time in the process either time (longest wait was the mandatory 15 minutes after the inoculation to ensure no immediate bad side effects). They processed several thousand vaccinations each day. My wife and son also got shots at different locations in upstate NY and had similar, no-wait, experiences. I've heard the same from friends in PA, MA and DC.

Sean Jones

Guess I'm lucky. My first shot, Pfiser, there was no wait at all. My second was about a ten minute wait. Then the 15 minute wait for possible side effects.

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
Hello Ed and Mike, been a long time since those days. I no longer make knives due to some lung damage. I still love knives though. Always will, it's in the blood according to Mr. Cooper and there is nothing you can do about it. Hello to everyone on the forum from a tired out ole knifemaker way down in deep East Texas. Keep moving, Stay Safe!!
Well hello Mr Hern! Good to hear from you. I got your phone message, and will get back to as soon as I can. I have more Doctor stuff that I have to do for most of today, but should be able to call you back tomorrow!

MTBob

I'll be getting my second covid vaccine in a few days, and have decided that I will reopen scheduling Bladesmithing/Knifemaking classes. FOR DATES STARTING JULY 2021.

With the uncertainty of the pandemic, and the new strains of the virus running around, I will be making one major modification.... that being that I will be waiving the required 50% down payment/30 days in advance of class start date... that way if cancellation is necessary, it won't be such a hassle with funds/refunds. The entire class fee will be due before we start the first day of class.

All class information and pricing is at the following webpage: http://www.caffreyknives.net/classes.html

If you have any questions, please email or PM me.
Ed: What great news, glad to see you are back doing what you love. Are the classes you listed subject to minimum enrollment? I'll PM you with my interests and we can go from there.
Bob

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
Bob..... I teach strictly One-on-One! I tried early on to have 3-4 students at at time, but quickly learned my shops just are not setup for that. I also learned that there is always one person who had more interest, more motivation, and is more eager than the rest. What that means is that as a teacher, I tend to gravitate towards that person, and the others end up angry at the end because those folks feel like they got left behind, OR if I intentionally slow down for the "lowest common denominator"..... then the person/people who are highly motivated are angry in the end because they wanted to do more then we had time for. So now I only operate one-on-one with students, unless I'm teaching somewhere like a hammer in or the ABS school (where I have no control on numbers).

What I do is have folks send me dates they'd like, and then I compare them to the current schedule, and if nothing clashes, the class is on! :)
All the particulars on on the Classes Webpage it should answer all your questions, and it has a calendar at the bottom of the page that you can move through to see what dates are filled. Right now the earliest available date is the week of 4 Oct 21 or later. Let me know if you want to get on the schedule.