Red Label 400 Grit Ceramic Belts

Interesting to see what others say. I’ve never sanded past 150 grit on the grinder!

I may have to try some of these. I use the Hermes 220 ceramic from Pop's, mainly to cut my plunges. From there, I use the Sankyo AO j-flex belts from Pop's. These are the best higher grit belts I have found so far, and at $2 each, I don't mind using them like they are free. I sand everything to 600 on the grinder, which lets me start and end with 400 grit when hand sanding.

I may have to try some of these. I use the Hermes 220 ceramic from Pop's, mainly to cut my plunges. From there, I use the Sankyo AO j-flex belts from Pop's. These are the best higher grit belts I have found so far, and at $2 each, I don't mind using them like they are free. I sand everything to 600 on the grinder, which lets me start and end with 400 grit when hand sanding.
Hope I can get there one day!!

I checked out the site and they sell all ceramics up to 400 grit for exactly the same price. About $4.83 a belt no matter if they are 180 or 400 grit. I may have to try a couple of grits. Would you still run these higher grits slow on your grinder like AO.

I checked out the site and they sell all ceramics up to 400 grit for exactly the same price. About $4.83 a belt no matter if they are 180 or 400 grit. I may have to try a couple of grits. Would you still run these higher grits slow on your grinder like AO.
My grinder doesn't have variable speed. Has a three step pulley. I do run 400 AO on the slowest speed. What I plan to do to compare these to AO belts is grind one side with AO and the other side with the ceramic. I'm betting the ceramic will run a lot cooler. Interested to see what kind of finish the ceramic will leave. When I get them I'll leave results and a review here.

Do you folks realize that those are VSM belts?? https://us.vsmabrasives.com/xk870f/ Which means that buying from that outfit..... you're likely paying 20-30% more then you have to versus buying from VSM or Tru-Grit. I sent an email off to Scott @ Tru-Grit to check on availability and prices.... will let you know what the response is.
Thanks Ed! Didn't really do a lot of shopping around. Saw these and ordered. With 15% off and free shipping I paid $4.10 each to my door.

With 15% off and free shipping I paid $4.10 each to my door.
That's a good price for premium 400grit belts!

Last time I ordered from Tru-Grit they did not have VSM ceramics past 120 grit.... or I missed them.
There's certainly the possibility that Tru-Grit doesn't have them.....but what I've found it that they handle so many belts, they never have them all listed on their site..... which is why I sent off an email. Generally, if a customer asks Scott for a specific belt, and he doesn't have it...he will get it. Might take him a bit, but it always happens, and the price is worth waiting for,

In the high grits yes. I still go through 60-100 grits. More so on the 100-120 grits. I rarely use a 36 grit belt for the work I do.

Back