Rancher's Daughter

Montucky

I built this one for a local cowgirl to help her with her chores on the ranch...cutting the twine on hay bales etc. She told me she would like to have just a short, fat little knife and drew me a sketch. She told me a "plain steel" knife would be o.k. and she would like pink...but she liked wood too. I was out of O-1 at the time ( still am thanks to weather delays ) so I went through all my drop pieces and found a piece of damascus big enough to make this one.( hope she doesn't mind.) She also requested a cross-draw sheath and I let her know I had never built one of those but I would try.Honestly... I don't like the sheath and would love some advice on what makes a good "user" cross-draw sheath.

Thanks for looking. All comments are welcomed and appreciated.
Rick

Blade is .130 Alabama Damascus
Blade length is 2 1/4"
OAL is 5 3/8"
Scales are dyed poplar with brass and Mosaic pins.

PICT0006.jpgPICT0007.jpgPICT0002.jpg

Great little worker.
i am sure she will love it and there is some pink in the handle. The sheath looks fine and compliment's the knife well.

She should be well please even if you didn't use plain steel : ) . I have never used a cross draw sheath but they do have my curiosity peaked. That one is a beauty.

Thanks for the kind comments guys...I appreciate the feedback. My biggest concern with the sheath is how to make it carry comfortably and ease of use. I'm thinking the drop angle may be too shallow. It would work for me but this little gal is still young (early twenties ) and flat and not as wide as I am...nature hasn't started playing it's cruel jokes on her yet. I put the belt loop as close to my buckle as possible and the end of the sheath was ok for me but I'm worried it may jut out and be uncomfortable for her...maybe even unusable.
Any thoughts, tips, or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rick

Back