Question for Bruce

Blastmaster1972

Bruce,

You posted your #23 slipjoint over at bladeforums. It's a stunningly beautiful knife! Amazing damascus and very nice stag!

BruceBump021-1.jpg

Now for the question: that shield inlayed in the handle has a shape I have not seen before. Is there a story behind it?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Kind regards,

Jos

Last edited:
Hi Jos,
Thats a question I wasnt ready for. I looked it up and its called a Bullock shield. The definition is a young bulls testicles. Kaye says she doesnt see testes but instead see's a queens crown like the queen in a chess set. I posted this question on the Traditional forum over at BF and havent gotten any wisedom as of yet. I'll get back here when they post something so please come back again.
Bruce
Bruce,

You posted your #23 slipjoint over at bladeforums. It's a stunningly beautiful knife! Amazing damascus and very nice stag!

BruceBump021-1.jpg

Now for the question: that shield inlayed in the handle has a shape I have not seen before. Is there a story behind it?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Kind regards,

Jos

Thanks for your reply Bruce!

I'm subscribed to this thread, so if you post any more info, I'll know!

Actually it was not my question, we have a thread on our Belgian knife forum (www.weapons.be) called "stag & damascus", where I posted your folder, after seeing it on bladeforums. One of the forum members (a knifemaker) came up with this question.

Kind regards,

Jos

I think both answers look right-enough... although, I'd like it more if it were only the Chess-piece shape...

I've removed many a baby bull testicles over the last 20 years with my rubber band castration device and that shield indeed does resemble the little jewels. I agree with Dave.......

Back