Problems

Rick Otts

Earlier I was grinding a blade and had to stop.Well later I went down to finish and put a new 60 on.Well this thing was going left and right about a 1/4" so I checked everything and it seemed ok for my knowledge anyway.So for the heck of it I put the old 60 on and it was fine also tried a new 120 and it was fine is this bad belts?

I've had a couple of bad belts that did the same thing. I think when the seam them together if they get a little bit off, that is what throws off the tracking. It doesn't happen very often, but sometimes you find a bad apple, even in the higher end belts that I tend to use.

I've had a couple of bad belts that did the same thing. I think when the seam them together if they get a little bit off, that is what throws off the tracking. It doesn't happen very often, but sometimes you find a bad apple, even in the higher end belts that I tend to use.
Heck I tried 2 or 3 others all bad.

I had a batch of five where four of the five did that. I put more tension on it, turned it on and just let it run for a few minutes, and it quieted down and tracked right then. Hope you get it sorted!

Sometimes you can flip them around and run them in reverse and they’ll settle down. Like Brandant says, I think the seams aren’t square. And as Mr. Robinson says, sometimes more tension can make them run true.

When all else fails I add them to my used belt pile where they’ll get used for profiling blanks or general shop grinding where belt wobble doesn’t matter.

try a different brand and if it wobbles, look at the grinder wheel alignment.
Sometimes leaving a wobbly belt under tension overnight stretches them a bit and reduces the wobble.

Are they name brand belts?

I bought some off Ebay that were junk. Wouldn't run true and one immediately broke. Lesson learned.

I found the problem it's the belts because I tried the old one and a 120 and they were fine.5 out of 8 were bad Pops called me 1st thing this morning and told me too ship them back so I am happy. I added tension flipped them around I think they are just bad but thanx for the replys.

Back