Prayer request

Cameron Wilcox

my step-mother is going through her 5th and final surgery for a bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction. This surgery was supposed to be the biggest yet, but due to low blood pressure in the area the micro-vascular surgery had to be repeated twice on one side and 3 times on the other, the surgery was intended to last 12 hours but went on for 18. She is doing better now but cannot move above the waist for the next 2 days in case the have to reopen. She is on a breathing tube and cannot even talk to my father who is there with her. she is having a hard time and we are all worried that the graphs won't take and all this will be for nothing.

thanks for the Prayers, she is doing better, but the Doc. said the right flap isn't getting enough blood flow. If some or all of it dies they will have to go back in and surgically remove it. She is not able to eat still and has only been able to have ice chips since Monday in case they have to go back into surgery. Its a waiting game right now to see how all this turns out.
Still hoping and praying for the best.
Thanks for the support,
-Cameron

she is much more alert now, she got in a chair beside the bed yesterday, the first time she has been able to more her upper body since the surgery. they are managing her pain pretty well, blood pressure is doing good. The doctor started her on a liquid diet. Doctor said right side is still questionable, but left side is doing well and she will check on her daily, some still might need to be removed but we are hoping for improvement over the weekend. If needed surgery will probably be on Tuesday.

update: the graft on the left didn't look good and at 0700 this morning they opened her up to remove it all, when they did blood flow was good and it all looked healthy. The doctor can't explain why this happened except for a miracle, I guess all the prayers paid off. she is doing better still tired but it seems to be all uphill from here.
Just wanted to say thank you all for the prayers and support it really helped.
-Cameron

Back