Prayer for son in Boot Camp

Rob Nelson

Dogs,

My son CJ was just hospitalized for pneumonia while at Boot Camp; he's actually in good spirits, mostly worried about letting his Division down as he's one of their top performers and they're heading into their Hell Week. He pushes himself hard, and it finally caught up with him. We're hoping this will not delay anything for him, and he'll be allowed to finish with the unit he's trained with so far. I had the same thing happen to me eons ago as well, so I'm not freaking out, but it is different when its your boy.

Thanks!

Prayers sent! I got what they thought was (ARD Acute Respiratory Disease) going thru basics at Ft. Leonardwood Missouri, turned out it was an allergic reaction to a typhoid shot, so I Know how he is feeling. I was in the hospital for three days!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! He's supposed to be released from the hospital this morning, back to his Division; not certain if he'll be SIQ or LIMDU, and he won't be able to tell us either.

Just to add to the mix, he also got a Dear John letter the same day. They've been together 4 years, the next step is marriage and neither one is ready for that so its not going to be ugly; she wrote it as well as those things can be written, and of course fell apart when she learned he was hospitalized. But its definitely rounding out the Boot Camp experience for him.

poor guy, but it's only going to get better from now on. i will just keep him on my list till he gets his gischarge or retires . gm

Sorry, I know its been awhile; they sent this old dog back to school and its kicking my tail. Now we're on break I thought I'd catch up a little.

Thank you so much for the prayers! My son has not only survived but thrived through Boot Camp, Corpsman A School, SOCP selection, and now Surgical Tech C School where he's top of his class. He thought he was going to go specops, realized he likes the medicine best, so he's moving in the direction of field surgery. Your prayers have been a blessing!

Back