Post your business cards!!!

Jake Mello

Got this idea when Steven Janik posted his proofs. I just got mine in today also. So why not have everyone post theres, so that people out there can get some ideas on what is best to have on there cards. Or just some good ol' fashioned "My card is better then yours" action.
:haha:

Here is my new card, designed by me and sent out for printing:

Front:
front_of_business_card_smaller.jpg

Back:
back_of_business_cards_smaller.jpg

Questions & comments welcome. Now lets see yours!!!

-Jake

Last edited by a moderator:
My Wifey did these2thumbs

Attachments

• Label Sheet2.jpg
    Label Sheet2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Label Sheet1.jpg
    Label Sheet1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 89
KDCard2010.jpg

I specialize in custom business cards, 3D Caricatures, web design, logos, T-shirts, Maker's Marks, short animations, and decals and my rates are extremely reasonable!

Last edited:
Very nice, guys! I only have the front of mine digitized, unfortunately, but the back is the same background and similar font with my name, website, and contact info. I've been debating on the next ones having a background image of some of my leatherwork, but I'm bad at composition :p

~Noah

Attachments

• wasteland_leatherwork_business_card.jpg
    wasteland_leatherwork_business_card.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Has anyone tried one of the online business card providers ?

I've looked around and found a plethora of possibilities. Some have software you can download to design your own, some design cards for you.

If you've tried one, how did they turn out ?

Who would you recommend ?

Who would you shy away from ?

What are the pros and cons ?

:unsure: ;)

I've looked around and found a plethora of possibilities. Some have software you can download to design your own, some design cards for you.

I designed mine and sent it into Overnightprints.com, They did a great job on the printing, but the paper isn't all that great. I went for there mid range paper. For the price I don't feel its worth it, so next time I will find somone else. Don't use overnight prints!

-Jake

I designed cards in Photoshop and had them printed by http://www.vistaprint.com . They have very good prices and I am very happy with the quality. They do have online design tools.

Sources

One of my specialties is business card design. Unlike most print shops or places like OfficeMax, I do not mark my cards up 100 - 200%. I charge for the design only.

If you do not need my services, I will still be happy to pass on my suppliers, who do excellent work, fast, at outrageously cheap prices.

For business cards or post card flyers, I use Flyer Studios.
The owner is Larry Reyes. Their website is www.FlyerStudios.com. They do double sided, full color, UV coated heavy stock cards. A thousand are less than fifty bucks, shipped CONUS, and 5,000 are less than a hundred!

Club Flyers is almost as competitive and they do great work also. www.clubflyers.com

For decals, I use Contagious Graphics. www.ContagiousGraphics.com

For T-shirts, New Republic Print & Design (917) 868-1462
http://newrepublicprinting.com Steve is the owner.

I also recommend On The Spot Tees for "one of" or smaller orders on T shirts. Tom is my contact there.
www.onthespottees.com They do phenomenal color printing on the fabric!

Please tell them all Rock from Kowulz Design sent you. I don't get any kickbacks, but I like to let people know I appreciate them.

If you know of anyone better, cheaper, or both, please tell me!

I used PrintsMadeEasy.com, and they were great. Pretty fast, very reasonable prices, and their Customer Service page tells you the status of your order right down to when they cut the cards!

~Noah

You might like to compare the prices, Noah. Flyer Studios has never taken more than five days to get me my cards from the time I ordered. :D

I have to agree with Mike Carter on Vistaprint.
I have no clue what I'm doing on a computer but managed to make my card using one of their templates all by my lonesome. Just for the price of shipping I got 250 cards and 25 magnet cards. Can't beat that with a stick.

This was a test for me but on the next try I'll try and upload my own design.
All in all they have some really good free deals.
(the pic was uploaded for me by the boss lady, I still can't get a pic from camera to post by myself :eek:)

View attachment 5178

Rudy

I designed mine and sent it into Overnightprints.com, They did a great job on the printing, but the paper isn't all that great. I went for there mid range paper. For the price I don't feel its worth it, so next time I will find somone else. Don't use overnight prints!

-Jake

Thanks Jake. cool 1

I designed cards in Photoshop and had them printed by http://www.vistaprint.com . They have very good prices and I am very happy with the quality. They do have online design tools.

Thanks Mike 2thumbs I'll have to give vistaprint a look. Three positive votes on their service so far :)

:cool:

I've used both Vista and Overnight Prints. To me, they both work well and I'd use either one again. There is a LOT to be said about using a graphics pro like Rock however. My first couple sets of business cards were not all that good.

Back