Pivot pins for scale release - different form regular pins?

Bob Warner

KNIFE MAKER
Hey guys,

Are the pivot pins used for scale release autos different than the 1/8" barrel pins? Are they a step of some sort?

Also the pivot for the lock bar, What is the best method to mount this since it will only be mounted on one side? Just a flat head screw and thread lock?

Thanks for any input.

Bob, I've only seen one of these, made by Gene Osborne. Seems like the pivot had a head on it or a screw, with a corresponding groove in the pivoting liner.

I don't remember the lock bar pivot.

Gene had it in his pocket at an SOS show.

Contact Gene at CenterCross.

Hey Bob,

I use the 3/16” x 1/8” Folder Pivot Bolts that I get from Rade Hawkins.

I've changed up the way I mount the lockbar pivot screw a bit. I used to use a flathead, counter sync the liner, and sand the head down to make sure it's flush. Then when I put the scale on, the scale prevented the screw from working out.

Now I still use a flat head screw, and I counter sync, but I don't worry if the head sticks up a little. I just mark the back of the scale where the screw head hits, and I counter sync the back of the scale.

I use the blue lock tight to hold the screw into place. I tighten it, but back it off just slightly before the lock tight dries. That way the bar is free to move and does not bind up.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

-chris

Chris_Crawford_Knives_Line.JPG

Chris Crawford - Chris Crawford Knives

Back