Photos of some of my past knives! Part-2

C Craft

This is part 2 of my photos!!
This was my first friction folder. In the reenacting world, things have to be pretty close to what may have been in the day. Some leeway is allowed but they like to stay PC or period correct. The one thing that I worried about was the stop for the friction folder!! 000_1079 (1).JPG I was also beginning to experiment with antler straightening and photo background and positioning in a photo!000_1083 (1).JPG 000_1086 (1).JPG The sheath was rawhide. My first venture into that medium. The stitching while it may not look finished to some it was very PC. Also the fringe and the jingle cone and beading were a period correct touch! 000_1100 (1).JPG 000_1104 (1).JPG At this point I had begun to love outdoor background in my photos. Especially for certain knives!

This next one is a ball grip trade knife. The only liberties I took with this one is the bone inlay in the ball grip with the feather print on it! It challenged my artistic side of carving and coloration with India Ink! IMG_0906.JPG Once again I began experimenting with different positions and background in my pictures. As well as another area of sheath making!! The handle of this knife is from a piece of Crepe Myrtle from my property. It did not have a lot of character to the wood but I learned about sealing the ends of drying wood and to peal the bark to keep bugs from eating away at it while drying!! IMG_0907.JPG Matching the feather print from side to side freehand was a bit of a challenge! IMG_0909.JPG This was my first etched blade. I experimented with mustard, and vinegar and finally settled on a salt etch. Painted on coat after coat till I got what I was looking for!!IMG_0910.JPG IMG_0911.JPG The sheath would have been PC as most would have worn it on a belt around themselves and the knife for retention of the knife itself. I also tried my first leather molding on this one and intentional distressing of what would have been areas of wear!! My pin placement had improved. At least this time they all are straight in line!!

So once again I have reached the limit of attachments so this going to go to part 3!

Back