Peter Wright Anvil

opaul

I looked at a really nice Peter Wright anvil today. Great rebound and condition. It’s 125 pounder. I’d like to get it but he wouldn’t budge off $1,000.
E5CB4D72-0A1D-4522-9C3B-4C238F1C0A2B.jpeg

That's a pretty ballsy ask at $8/pound, especially with those edges dinged up as they are. The fullering tool is pretty cool.

Do you happen to remember how the hundredweight was marked? My Peter Wright has 108 on it, or 120 lbs.

Yeah people trying to sell anvils are insane. They think they're sitting on a gold mine.

You can get a new good anvil for less than that. And you can get a really good new one for not much more than that.

That guy can pound sand.

That's a pretty ballsy ask at $8/pound, especially with those edges dinged up as they are. The fullering tool is pretty cool.

Do you happen to remember how the hundredweight was marked? My Peter Wright has 108 on it, or 120 lbs.
Pretty close to that if I remember correctly.

Yeah people trying to sell anvils are insane. They think they're sitting on a gold mine.

You can get a new good anvil for less than that. And you can get a really good new one for not much more than that.

That guy can pound sand.
I tried to reason with him but…… :<
The tool on the anvil is an accident waiting to happen. It’s a tapered shaft going into the hardy hole. You do some heavy pounding with that set up it’s going to break the heel off.

What's that gadget in the hardy hole? I haven't seen anything like that before.

And yes. Way over priced.
It’s a cut off tool. It actually has a movable stop so you can cut off multiple duplicates.
It needs shoulders if it’s going to be used in the hardy hole.

Last edited:
Are Peter Wright hundredweight notations "stone" markings based on 112lbs=1hundredweight or the North American 100lb=1hundredweight? This has always been confusing to me.

I read that anvil as 112+(1/4x112)+15= 155 pounds.

Are Peter Wright hundredweight notations "stone" markings based on 112lbs=1hundredweight or the North American 100lb=1hundredweight? This has always been confusing to me.

I read that anvil as 112+(1/4x112)+15= 155 pounds.
I believe stone weight.

Back