Pale Horse Fighters

palehorse fighters

Greetings!

Well I took the plunge and became a supporting member.
I've been visiting and posting since spring of this year and have enjoyed it quite a lot. So I might as well put my money where my mouth is as it were.

I am Paul Granger from Largo, Florida. Though I am disabled due to narcolepsy and a couple other problems, I still manage to crank out a knife now and then.
GrangerModel10.jpg

I began making kit knives in 1994 and started making handmade knives in 1998. I owe a lot to the men that have taught me and have always been more than happy to share all that I have learned and discovered with anyone who is interested in learning.
Model2cftitledescrip.jpg

I enjoy forging and have made many knives that way. I really believe in the ABS and the value of selective heat-treating. Hand forging really lets a knifemaker build a relationship with a knife that is some times hard to relinquish to the knife buyer.
SN125.jpg

But I do more stock removal knives than forged knives. Most people want stain resistant steel, especially down here in salty central Florida. I like to use CPM154CM most, but will use what the customer requires. I try to use precision ground stock with the idea that if you start flat, you can stay flat. I always deliver a knife with an edge that is shaving sharp and advise my customers to use a Lansky sharpening system to return a knife's edge to shaving sharp when required. Many people find stainless steel a challenge to sharpen, but if you go about it the right way, it is a breeze. I even had one customer that ordered a Model 9 Tanto in 3/8" thick stainless. The blade bevel was about 35 degrees, but I delivered it shaving sharp.
PaleHorseFightersModel9MIL.jpg

Well that's about it for me, except that I am a Christian.
But then, that's the most important thing. :)

PHFBowie2008.jpg

Back