Op's tryed to add that last picture,got 2 posting on linishers my bad 1st post show 2nd side of linisher( how do u kill cloned posts?)

View attachment 77723
oh here we go..this is a old ski resort snow ski linisher,takes 2 peaple to lift & takes a 84" belt,runs a 10amp moter, at 1400 rpm has a side mounted sanding drum that when when removed you can fit 5 x 8" wire brushs for descaling..

Grand cost au$45 (us$38)..has a good pateen at the top (underneath of the belt) ,am considering plasma cutting a corner off the cabint to utilize one of the pullys corners..
or lash out on a dedicated drum.its a 6 of 1 or 1/2a dozen

dilemma..

& best part these things have built in belt water coolers , but be aware they do rust out by the time there sold,but hay a bit of water proofing = good to go & save $1ks on a new big ass linisher (how many belts do you need now theres a clue on sourcing a cheap linisher! )

& if your lucky get a heap of cool sticks on your new toy..

had the option to buy a 3 phz stone
grinding ski linisher that was way more moden that this beast for au$250, but who has 3phz to play with at home.

So next time you hit the snow fields or live near one, get chatting with the snow shop hire dude,see what their sitting on...

This was my new toys 1st job ,I refinish old water skis on a snowski linisher,the sanding drum rubber has harden,& I carnt remove the sand paper= any clues on that would be great,or its a au$100 problem..
20180922_160755.jpg
20210302_134608.jpg

Back