One + three = four away

Von Gruff

KNIFE MAKER
A few more knives away after final sharpening tomorrow. This is the safari knife that was ordered with the brass bolster and birdshead grip hande in walnut instead of the original patern handle in micarta or buff horn.
WkfOsdnl.jpg

TiGz4lGl.jpg

And some more field scalpels. Two have the belt sheath (one buff horn and the other in olivewood) and the third is a neck knife sheath.
dG7X7vKl.jpg

I have refined the shape a little for the olivewood knife and this will njow be my patern as it sits a little more comfortably in hand.
LuAx4aol.jpg

Thanks Ted. It was mothers 90th birthday today and the little olivewood handled knife will reside in her kitchen. I will make a bench block for it.

I got the little knife block done today so will post a pic when the finish is dry. It will screw onto the face of one of her cupboards and hang with the knife held by a magnet but also have a bottom step to rest the handle base on for double security but be easy for mothers older hands to access. Unfortunately I didn't have a piece of matching olivewood large enough for the block but the walnut I used is a nice contrast and knowing mother she will be pleased just to have something I made for her.

This is what I did to make the little knife more available for Mother. It will be screwed onto one of here cupboard facings, be simple to retrieve and replace, while being secure in keeping.

KJDjx2El.jpg

The recess has to follow the curviture of the handle to get a good fit and have with enoug depth at the ase to give full support to the handle end

gmkWSuml.jpg

Back