Old Dog Wisdom

One

Banned
I thought it might be beneficial to start a thread for young dogs and pups to come in and ask the old dogs for advice... on life, love, knifemaking etc.

Let's share our experience and wisdom.

One

Banned
LOL

We might not be as sharp and as fit as we once were, (in some ways),… but still have a lot to offer.

When I was a pup, I always had a lot of respect and admiration for the seasoned campaigners. I learned a lot from them, things I'll never forget and think that the old dogs still have a voice that needs to be heard and respected.

They/we have a foot in the past and an eye on the future.

I encourage the young dogs and pups, to step up with their questions...

One

Banned
... "MY" advice,... never sleep with anyone. :)

There's other ways...

... same thing, maybe.

Last edited:

LiamLynch

I think I like the look of this thread.
Goldsmithy, that is a piece of advice I wasn't given. So for any young guy/girl who may have doubts about the advice of Mr. Goldsmithy, I tell you this. Listen to him. That is no lesson you want to learn from experience.

One

Banned
You'll be doing absolutely magnificent,... IF, you can find one that isn't. LOL

I never have. :(

My sanity must be remarkable!

Last edited:

One

Banned
It’s very difficult to determine the full depth of a person’s “craziness“,… until after it’s too late!

One

Banned
I just figure, anyone who wants to be “in bed” with me,… must be crazier than I am.

... hard lesson to learn, but I'm glad I finally did.

Last edited:

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
My older sister gave me these words of wisdom many years ago and they have served me well all these years so I will pass them along to y'all. " You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friends nose.":3:

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
In classic Old Dog style,… we sometimes give advice whether asked for or not. :)
I'm sure this puzzles the young ones but what they don't realize is that us old folks can see their need for advice and offer it freely,out of the kindness of our hearts. One day they will look back and appreciate it.

One

Banned
My stepdaughter gets offended by it, so I leave it to her mother. However, she does occasionally ask me, not her mother,... go figure. My other two kids just agree and nod their heads, but it goes in one ear and out the other. I was never a very good listener myself (to my parents anyway), but wish I had been better. Some kids just have to learn things the hard way. If only they understood, we know because we learned the hard way and are just trying to save them the trouble.

Last edited:

Shawn Hatcher

What's that phrase about giving advice? Something about wise men not needing it and fools not heeding it?

I always pay careful attention to folks with greyer hair than me. For I am neither wise nor foolish.

One

Banned
My Dad was a craftsman and sculptor,... I did pay close attention to that part. ;)

... most of the other stuff didn't sink in until recently, probably too late!

Denny Eller

Cal, that's not the way I heard it! You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't wipe your friends on the couch.

rhinoknives

What's that phrase about giving advice? Something about wise men not needing it and fools not heeding it?

I always pay careful attention to folks with greyer hair than me. For I am neither wise nor foolish.
Shawn,
That's about it! My experience has been doing what I wanted and then when it went wrong, hearing the advise from a older person in my mind and thinking, YEP! They were right! LOL.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com