Old dog, new trick

Von Gruff

This one will take a week or two till it all come together but this is a starting point of one half of the project. My friends daughter has iniated this one for a birthday present for her father about the end of the first week into July so hope it will all come together in time.

Last edited:
ummm...soak chew toy in water till soft....unravel. Wrap around bare blade till handle is formed....let dry...add finish...

my best guess...lol

Von Gruff

ummm...soak chew toy in water till soft....unravel. Wrap around bare blade till handle is formed....let dry...add finish...

my best guess...lol
That is an idea I will tuck away for another one Ted but this will make a neck sheath for a patch knife for his black powder shooting competitions. His daughter is sending a piece of antler for the handle

Von Gruff

On with this little side project that I have going, the rawhide dogbone has been soaking in the bucket of water for 48 hours

So this morning I was able to unroll it and tack it out to dry on a board. There were a couple of smaller pieces inside when I unrolled it so there was a second smal piece I could save and tack out flat.

They will sit like this for the next week to dry completely,as I get the knife done that these will be used for