Old Dog Knifemakers

Discussion in 'Old Dog Knife Makers' started by BossDog, Jan 17, 2013.

1. rhinoknives

rhinoknives Well-Known Member

Bubba-San you old dog!!
    Its great to see you back here at KDS! I guess you finally got an internet somehow.
    Welcome back and hello to your wife too!

2. Calvin Robinson

Calvin Robinson Moderator Christian Forum

bubba,
    Im glad to see your still kicking,hanging in there like a hair in a biscuit!
    Welcome back!

3. bubba-san

bubba-san Well-Known Member

Thanks Laurence and Calvin . I appreciate the good words. you guys are the best , I love you fellers as a brother...... Thanks for all that you have done for me ( Domo Arigato gozia Mashita) Bubba

4. smithy

smithy Well-Known Member

Bubbas back!!! Yeah, hurrah...but there goes the neighborhood.:biggrin: Welcome back Bud.

5. Raymond Richard

Raymond Richard Forum Owner & Moderator

Forgot this forum was here.........

6. bubba-san

Thanks Smithy , real glad I could be here....... Bubba

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  7. rhinoknives

OK Bubba!
    With your new found youth, what have you been working on?

8. bubba-san

Not much Laurence , have a lot of unfinished knife blades and a couple swords . I feel good but, energy level is low . I have about a month or so left on the meds . Doc said my red blood count is slightly low , which explains the tired feeling . But, I feel much better overall . He also said the combo of Olisio and Sovaldi will treat all genotypes 1-4 . Will treat cirrhosis also. The side effects are very mild compared to Interferon and Ribaviran. I can hardly wait until its over with so I can work on some steel .. Bubba

PS Anyone who has hep C and did not respond to it , This is the cure . Has over 90% cure rate. I mean you are cured !!!. A lot different than the other prognosis of undetectable .

Grants are available if you cant afford it . It cost 180 Grand for 90 day treatment . I got a grant that paid for everything including co-payments . Get er done.....

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  9. rhinoknives

Bubba you will be back at the forge in no time!

Only $180.000.00 for three months? LOL I think I'll be shopping for a grant once I know what my doctor wants to do?

10. bubba-san

Let me know , I have all the contacts and Phone #s I got the grant over the Phone!!!!!! .... Bubba

11. roadapples

roadapples Well-Known Member

"I would say we could complain about the long haired, bearded, listen to music too loud crowd...
    but I'm still one of them!"

Randy, The only diference I can see is the grey isn't creeeping in anymore- it's here to stay.

As far as topics, roll one out and see what happens, I had one when I started typing but I forgot.

12. Nowicki

Nowicki Active Member

Been a while since I been on any forums. Health issues kind of knocked me down for a while. Got the health issues mostly under control. The honey do list got a bit longer and I am working on that too...The never ending story! Some shop time but want to do more. Also getting better at the leather work. Started doing folders and kitchen knives too. Still love to do cordwraps. I'll be 62 in December so I think I am old enough. Been making for way more than 10 years, heck I had my power hammer for 20.
    Miss working with the guys at Baltimore knife and sword but hope to spend more time there in the future. A couple time a year just ain't enough. They have bigger tools to work with. Sometimes I forget about this place so send me something sometime to get my attention.

13. J. Hoffman

J. Hoffman Dealer - Purveyor

Great idea Bossdog. This will give me something to look forward to in 25 years! :)

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

OK, I think I'm just now been fooling with knives this time to qualify for the 10 yrs..... the age part - that was qualified for 20 yrs ago! If the first knife I made as a young teenager would qualify as start of knife making I'd have a LOTS of years, but I only count this last time fooling with knives.

GREAT bunch of folks here -- and bubba san, it's so good to hear you're doing good.... well, better than before with plans to be doing GREAT again soon. I thank you again for help on ID'ing the Kanta I sent you photos of.

Ken H>