Old Dog Knifemakers

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
This club forum is for makers over 50 years old with at least ten years under their belt.

smithy

You can call it the OFKDC. (Old farts knife dog club. :) And I will apply for membership 'cause I'm chronologically old. Shhh, don't tell my body that I am old because I don't want it to find out. It still thinks it is 35... Teddy

Last edited:

Wade Hougham

This sounds like a club I belong in. Just have to wait another 4 years to be eligible to meet the 10 years under my belt. Looking forward to joining.
Wade

Brad Lilly

Moderator and Awards Boss
Darn I'm too young to join
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
You guys have fun, us young whipper snappers will have to stay out in the rest of the fourm

Josh Dabney

Great idea for a Club Boss !

The bad news is that I won't be joining for 13 years :D

The good news is that when I hit the age requirement I'll have the 10 years well under my belt.

-Josh

Church & Son

I'm that old, been doing this a lot longer than that and I'm still not famous...

That's alright, I'm a legend in my own mind....What were we talking about?

rhinoknives

I'm sure that anyone that's a old fart at heart and feels like they have been grinding off, Burning & hitting they fingers for feels like at least 10 years will be welcome to comment
here! LOL:biggrin:

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Meno

Old Dog Knife Makers sounds good to me.I was over fifty when I started and I have had 17 years of making
so far, and look forward to a few good years. Sign me up.

Ray

One

Banned
Sounds like fun to me... 55 with over 30 years experience. Sold my first knife when I was 21,... guess I'm not the new kid on the block anymore, not near as cute as I used to be either. ;)

... … Now where did I put my ibuprofen?

Last edited:

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
I'm 60 years old,I know I've been making knives for at least 8 years,maybe ten if you count the first and second knives that were a year apart. When I joined the Old Drag Racers Reunion I told them that I was old but not an old drag racer,they let me Join any way.
Will y'all let me join here?

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
I'm 60 years old,I know I've been making knives for at least 8 years,maybe ten if you count the first and second knives that were a year apart. When I joined the Old Drag Racers Reunion I told them that I was old but not an old drag racer,they let me Join any way.
Will y'all let me join here?
I know a guy....you're in..

smithy

A toast to the Old Dog Knifemakers Club... lift your glass of prune juice for the salute.
:) ...Teddy

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
I've got a big marshmallow under my belt and I know its got lint stuck in the one eye that is older than 65 years. There's probably steel filing and decarb that has been stuck in there for at least last 20 years. Decided to stop talking about what hurts or no longer works and to be more positive about what still works. Still thinking about that.

rhinoknives

I've got a big marshmallow under my belt and I know its got lint stuck in the one eye that is older than 65 years. There's probably steel filing and decarb that has been stuck in there for at least last 20 years. Decided to stop talking about what hurts or no longer works and to be more positive about what still works. Still thinking about that.
Jack Benny said it all when he said,
You know you are old when everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt, Doesn't work!

I'm 54 and have been a knife maker side 1998 or was it 96? lol.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

www.rhinoknives,com

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
Laurence, Your still a young pup but they do say one of the first things to leave is the memory.

I had an interesting last couple days. I'd been contacted from the fellow that was my platoon sgt in Nam 69/70. I'd talked with him a few times and done a few emails with him over the last year. He said he was on his way from Penn. to LA and was wanting to know if I would be up to a one day visit and I said yes. Seems like two heads are better than one when it comes to things we did 43 years ago in Nam. He'd talked about the last night before we left Cambodia in May of 70. We'd gotten hit pretty good about 4:30am with just one WIA on our side. Before we left for Cambodia I decided to drop out of the 81mm mortar platoon and joined one of the straight leg platoons thinking I'd have a better chance of surviving with that move. Actually I think it was a good move. I'd woken up that morning by the sun and to my surprise I had heard we got hit. My position then was on the opposite side of where the fire fight took place on a good sized LZ. I was maybe 50 yards on the bunker line in front of three 155's that fired most the night so I had gotten use to lots of explosions. Still can't believe I'd slept through the whole thing. I was sleeping on my rubber lady with my poncho liner under the stars. Surprised now that they didn't carry me off thinking I was KIA.