OK, Bossdog, here is my Kirinite knife.

Don Robinson

I promised to show the knife I made with the Kirinite scales I won. So here it is. Turned out to be quite a project for a 79 year old knifemaker. I've slowed down a lot!

CPM 154 and stainless plus the beautiful white MOP scales. Thanks to Knifedogs and Beth, the lady who ran the drawing.:s12205::s11798:

Last edited:
Beautiful work Don! I won some just like it and hope that mine turns out 1/2 as good as yours!

Yes, Don that looks real nice. I guess I've never seen krinite material before. What colors does it come in?

Thanks, everybody. I probably wouldn't have made a kirinite handle if it hadn't been for the giveaway here. I'm keeping this one in my pocket. It's MINE.

I'm pleased with the handle. If I didn't know better, I'd say it's that very expensive MOP.

I used to make lots of folders with MOP, but now if it's even available it's so expensive I can't afford it. Black lip MOP costs a fortune and it's very scarce.

When Boss first posted the Kirinite in MOP I thought it would look great on a folder. That's just what I imagined, Don. Perfect!

Back