Off to Seattle on Sunday.....and hopefully some answers

soundmind

praying for courage in the morning, awareness of God's presence, your safety through surgery, answers, and for your wife to know how to support you while your in surgery.
God bless you tomorrow.

Last edited:

Gliden07

Sorry to hear it didn't go as planned! Prayers from the Comi-Wealth of Mass! Hope it all works out soon for you!! Good luck to you and Cindy!!

EdCaffreyMS

Forum Owner - Moderator
Cindy here again. Ed is out of the hospital and back at the hotel. He's in considerable pain, but he's a tough old bird. Next couple of days are gonna be hard, but he's got some serious pain meds to help with that. We should be getting results of the tests in about a week and we'll let everyone know then what they find. Thank you again to all for your thoughts and prayers. They are much appreciated.

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
How's the old clay jar been doing? Any good news yet? My mind keeps drifting back to 2 Cor 12 where Paul asks for the thorn in his side to be removed 3 different times and he receives this reply, My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weaknesses.

Dear Lord Jesus, I ask that your peace fill both Ed and Cindy through faith in the power of your grace.

EdCaffreyMS

Forum Owner - Moderator
We're back home! Great Falls never looked so good! :) Still nursing my left side (where they did the lung biopsy), and that jostling plane ride wasn't any fun...but made it!

OK, here's the skinny...... as before the biopsies came back with NO CANCER..... just that same old "Nodular Lymphoid Hyperplasia". What we did learn new is that most who have it, have only one or two "nodules", where as both my lungs are splattered with them. Next, I have some fibrosis in my right lung, which is preventing my lungs from transferring Oxygen like they should. 95-96% on O2 sat is normal, mine is 90-92%. The amount of immunoglobulin in my system is 3X what it should be.... so autoimmune disease is a given.

When the Rheumatologist saw the immunoglobulin numbers, he freaked out a bit..... saying we have to get that down. When I asked him to explain, he said it's the same on my body as running 2 marathons a week.... with no recover time in between.....basically that my body is destroying itself. Good news is he is putting me on a new medication that he says has been working wonders for autoimmune stuff, and even though it might take a few months, he believes the meds will get the autoimmune stuff under control. Also got a bonus in that the med is know to significantly reduce, or halt fibrosis in the lungs.
No magic bullets, BUT..... FINALLY we have a direction, and more importantly, some hope.... PRAISE GOD!!

Now comes the hard part. Since I'll never be done dealing with this disease, I'm going to have to learn how to deal with it. I suspect my knifemaking will now have to be as my body will allow, versus when I want. Not sure if I'll be able to continue teaching classes, but if I do, those will have to be scaled back to what I'm physically able to do....right now I'm thinking no more than one per month, with 2-3 weeks between any classes. On the up side, I don't think KMT will die. Tim and Mandi picked us up at the airport yesterday, and we're already talking about future videos!!

So, we're back home, still far from being "well", but hopefully headed that direction, and doing the best we can. Again, heart felt thanks to everyone for your prayers, well wishes, and support. All my knife friends have been a true blessing, and I can only hope to return the favor one day!

Daniel Macina

We're back home! Great Falls never looked so good! :) Still nursing my left side (where they did the lung biopsy), and that jostling plane ride wasn't any fun...but made it!

OK, here's the skinny...... as before the biopsies came back with NO CANCER..... just that same old "Nodular Lymphoid Hyperplasia". What we did learn new is that most who have it, have only one or two "nodules", where as both my lungs are splattered with them. Next, I have some fibrosis in my right lung, which is preventing my lungs from transferring Oxygen like they should. 95-96% on O2 sat is normal, mine is 90-92%. The amount of immunoglobulin in my system is 3X what it should be.... so autoimmune disease is a given.

When the Rheumatologist saw the immunoglobulin numbers, he freaked out a bit..... saying we have to get that down. When I asked him to explain, he said it's the same on my body as running 2 marathons a week.... with no recover time in between.....basically that my body is destroying itself. Good news is he is putting me on a new medication that he says has been working wonders for autoimmune stuff, and even though it might take a few months, he believes the meds will get the autoimmune stuff under control. Also got a bonus in that the med is know to significantly reduce, or halt fibrosis in the lungs.
No magic bullets, BUT..... FINALLY we have a direction, and more importantly, some hope.... PRAISE GOD!!

Now comes the hard part. Since I'll never be done dealing with this disease, I'm going to have to learn how to deal with it. I suspect my knifemaking will now have to be as my body will allow, versus when I want. Not sure if I'll be able to continue teaching classes, but if I do, those will have to be scaled back to what I'm physically able to do....right now I'm thinking no more than one per month, with 2-3 weeks between any classes. On the up side, I don't think KMT will die. Tim and Mandi picked us up at the airport yesterday, and we're already talking about future videos!!

So, we're back home, still far from being "well", but hopefully headed that direction, and doing the best we can. Again, heart felt thanks to everyone for your prayers, well wishes, and support. All my knife friends have been a true blessing, and I can only hope to return the favor one day!
Well thank God for no cancer and some direction! Praying for your continued healing.