Off to Seattle on Sunday.....and hopefully some answers

EdCaffreyMS

Forum Owner - Moderator
Hi Gang!

Cindy and I will be flying to Seattle on Sunday, 12 May. I have several odd visits with Doctors/Surgeons, and others prior to Lung and Lymph Node biopsy surgery on the 16th (provided I don't get bumped). We'll be there a minimum of 3 weeks, to wait for/get the biopsy results, and see what those results dictate. I also have appointments with Pulmonology and Rheumatology on 31 May.

If I am unable, Cindy will keep things updated on this thread, and on Facebook.

If you're the praying kind, please pray for answers, and a course of action/treatment that will get me back to being functional again.

EdCaffreyMS

Forum Owner - Moderator
Thanks Everyone! There's a lot of trepidation...... only because when they did a lung biopsy on me back in 09, it was about the worst experience of my life. You have no idea how uplifting your well wishes and prayers are to me! THANK YOU!!!

Bjmac

Ed, having spent more than my share of time doing all of this testing stuff , I can fully empathize with your trepidation. You pulled through it once , so this time you know what to expect .... So , easy peasy.! We're all in your corner and we got your back.
BJ

EdCaffreyMS

Forum Owner - Moderator
Well, the visit to U of W Medical Center in Seattle hasn’t gone as we’d hoped. Saw the Surgeon, pre-op, and had another lung function test today. The surgeon said he will not biopsy the right lung.... he said there is too much scar tissue, and he’d have to open me up from breastbone to back bone....and that it was too risky for a diagnostic surgery. So, the plan is to start with lymph node biopsy in center of chest, done via scope (VAT). And get that tissue biopsied right away... THEN biopsy my left lung with the scope (VAT). BUT... There is a possibility that even then, he might have to open me up. Is the scope works.. 2-3 days in the hospital. It he has to “open” me.... 5 days+. The biggest let down was the lung function test. My lung function is down 13% since Dec. with no mention of IF it’s treatable. As of now, surgery is on Thursday....they will call on Wednesday with show time. Either Cindy or I will update here and on Facebook. Need prayer more than ever!!

EdCaffreyMS

Forum Owner - Moderator
Got the phone call this morning..... I check in for surgery at 9:30AM PST in the morning (Thursday). Please pray that all goes well with the surgery....and that they can figure out/treat whatever this is. If Cindy doesn't update after the surgery......I will.... as soon as I'm able.