NWBA Digital Demonstration Series

billyO

Join us on Thursday, December 17th at 6pm PST for Knifemaker's Corner #3 at 6pm!

David Tuthill will bring something for all skill levels with this one! Beginners to damascus will learn how to hand weld a billet of steel on the anvil with no heavy equipment. Experienced pattern welders will be shown how to step up their pattern retention game with the elusive “dry weld” that involves no flux in the welding process.

Damascus steel has captured the wonder of the world for centuries now and continues to evolve in this age of renaissance in knifemaking. Come watch as one of the best damascus-makers in the Northwest shares the hidden secrets of this unique material!

To register to join this Knifemaker's Corner, just click the link below:
https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_yEI56zQpSZSJVu924Jq0ew

After registering, you'll receive a confirmation email containing info to join this online event!

Thanks Billy. I've been looking for information like this.
All of the demonstrations are posted on the Northwest Blacksmith Assn. Youtube site one month after the demo.

I'll take a look. Funny thing is that you tube is working fine.

Thanks Billy. I've been looking for information like this.
All of the demonstrations are posted on the Northwest Blacksmith Assn. Youtube site one month after the demo.

I'll take a look. Funny thing is that you tube is working fine.

We had connection difficulties for #2, so we're trying to get Rashelle to re-do her demonstration (won't have the live questions and answers) so we can have a good video for the channel.

Just a reminder and for those who might have missed this....

Thanks to Knifedogs for letting me post this.

I'm looking forward to the demo. The time is a bit confusing for me, it says "06:00 PM", 06:00 is early in the morning, but with PM tacked on I'm guessing that's 18:00 Pacific time? Which would be about 21:00 hours CST? Do I have the time correct? Maybe I can stay awake that late {g}

I'm guessing that's 18:00 Pacific time?
Hi Ken. Sorry about that, but you're correct, it's 1800 PST. I'll let the webmaster know that how she puts the time in is confusing. Thanks for pointing that out.

I'm looking forward to the demo. The time is a bit confusing for me, it says "06:00 PM", 06:00 is early in the morning, but with PM tacked on I'm guessing that's 18:00 Pacific time? Which would be about 21:00 hours CST? Do I have the time correct? Maybe I can stay awake that late {g}
I'm glad your not trying to tell me what time the train will be arriving, because I'd be missing that ride. o_O

because I'd be missing that ride. o_O
Not trying to be over-critical to the webmaster, but good thing you didn't try to check the NWBA website for clarification. There it says the demo is from 10am-noon....which is what time the normal demos on Saturdays are. Oops.

"Date Time: Dec 17, 2020 06:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)" is direct from the email I got from NWBA registration. Actually 10am to noon sounds more realistic. If I try to log in I get the following (8pm??):

Please wait for the host to start this webinar​

Start 8:00 PM

Knifemaker's Corner #3: David Tuthill "Hammer and Anvil+ Flux-Free Forge Welding"

Actually 10am to noon sounds more realistic. If I try to log in I get the following (8pm??):
It's supposed to start on 50 minutes, Ken. I haven't tried logging on yet, and I have not heard anything about it re-scheduling. I apologize about the mixed up messages.
the 10:00am-Noon time is when we do our Saturday demos, and the weekday ones are in the evening to accomadate those who are still working.

'See' you in about 50 minutes.

So that'd be 8:00pm CST (2000) I guess this is the wonders of the internet age, sometimes the time zones are corrected/accounted for and sometimes not.
Again, on behalf of the NWBA, please accept my apologies for any confusing infromation.
(Dave better make this worthwhile....;))

Yep, in retrospect I can see the times now - the 06.00PM was really meaning 6PM Pacific time, which is 8PM (20.00 hours) CST. I just flat missed it, and as I mentioned in my PM to you I had "today" in my mind, even though it clearly says Dec 17th.

Ken H>

And if anyone saw the demo, I'd be interested in feedback.
Positive is always good, but negative is usually more helpful.
Thanks

Positive is always good, but negative is usually more helpful.
Thanks
Billy, that is one of the most trueful statements I've seen. As the old saying is you more from mistakes than doing it right the first time.

Looking forward to the link.

Back