Newby from Arkansas

R.Keith

German Shepherd Dog
Hi All,

I live in northeast Arkansas, and am just getting started in making knives.

I've found a lot of good information here on the forum and will have plenty more questions as I learn.

Since we've got a couple of German Shepherd Dogs, I thought
Knife Dogs would be a good fit.

Have a good day.

Pochahontas, Ar??? Who in thier right mind would live in a place like that?

Hey, I can say that. I lived there (well, technically my wife did, I was in Iraq) for a year and a half. My father and step-mother live there.

Welcome to the pack! It's good to have you here with us. I'll be up in your neck of the woods in a few weeks visiting family.

Thanks for the welcome.

Murph,
when you get into town, come by the Med Center Pharmacy in the Doctor's building. That's where I spend my days. It would be good to meet you.

and

Bill,
You're right the rice is everywhere.

I'll be up there visiting my dad and step-mother on Thanksgiving. I'm not real sure how much free time I'll have, but I'll see what I can do. My parents just live down the road from the hospital. Heck, you may even know them (it's not like Pocahonas is a great metropolis). My step-mother is the editor of the Star Herald.

Murph,

I know just who you're talking about. My wife has done some press releases in the local paper and has dealt with your step-mom. Cathy speaks very highly of her.
Well, if you do have the time send me a PM and we'll set up a meet.

Welcome
You’ve found a place here that’s got more answers than you have questions,, Yet:biggrin:
Great looking shepherd in that pic. The wife and I will be looking for one come spring.

If you can make it down the last Thursday evening of every month the AKA has a little get-to-gether that is a very informative hands-on event. Next week is heat-treating, several different ways and kinds plus what ever else anybody wants to talk about.

Oh yea around here if you can't run with the BIG DOGS

Stop and ask questions this pack will turn to help:thumbup1:

Deltashooter,

Thanks for the welcome,

I'll do my best to get down that way on a last Thursday evening.

Till then I'll soak up what I can on the forum.

The avatar is Kali our 100lb female. She's a sweetheart but very protective of her mom.
I have to make plenty of noise coming home, if she doesn't know it's me, it gets pretty interesting - real quick.

Thanks again,

Back