New Linerlock and a few Questions for the Pro's.

Dwane Oliver

I have made 2 linerlocks in my whole time , this one being the 3rd.
I wanted to make one that would be a bit more affordable, but still uses top quality materials, I think I will have achieved that goal.
I came up with this design, a bit stole from a POS EDC I had , and the rest from my imagination.
8.5" OAL , 3.875" Blade that is .154" thick , .050" Ti liners , a piece of crappy damascus I had laying around, that hardened well ( the rest of them will be CPM S30V ) and G10 handle material.

G6F12.jpg

G6F11.jpg

G6F1.jpg

G6F13.jpg

Here is the question I have had since doing some research on the web.
Why do they say the detent should be taller than the washers used on the pivot ?

THanks for looking

Nice lookin folder! I really like the design.
About your question, I don't recall ever hearing that the detent should be higher than your washer. I use .015 bronze washers on most all my folders. I leave the detent sticking out about .016 to about .018, then I sand the point of the detent off flat until it sticks out about .013. It actually makes it a bit smoother to make the detent flat. The point will dig into the blade. Also if you make a bolster with a solid bolster like titanium or Damascus & the detent is sticking out higher than the washer then folder will bind upwhen you close it.
Hope that helps & it may not be right because I am definetly not a pro

Great looking folder..I am with Shane,I have never sanded my detent,and I also am no pro..but i have by mistake left the detent higher than the washer,and
it tends to bind up when closing.

God bless

Back