New kydex for the SIG P365

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
Not sure how many folks wear a carhartt vest, but for me it's "standard issue" during the winter months.....won't melt at the forge, and keeps me warm....just not anything as far a a holster for concealed carry.....so of course.....ya just build one! :) Took me a while to find a "clip" that would work (hold the holster securely in the pocket), but with help from my friends at Knifekits, got it!

cdent

Nice Ed. I gotta say, what a great set of pics! Hope things thawed out, September's a bit early for more than a dusting of the white stuff.

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
Hi Craig! Wasn't that a crazy storm? Now we just have huge piles of green leaves beneath each tree! :)

Saw you again yesterday, during a break of the early KRTV news..... hope they pay you for each time it airs! Now I can say I have TWO friends that are ROCK STARS..... You and Steve!!! :)

Matt Kirby

Hey Ed, does that clip hold the holster in place when you draw the gun?

I carry the SIG P365 as well and must build myself something similar!

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
Hi Matt!

It does. I think you'd have to rip the pocket out before that clip will let go! Holding it in the pocket when drawing was my concern, so I called the gang at KnifeKits and told them what I was doing, and asked for input...... they told me that clip was the way to go....and they were right.

Casey Brown

That looks good, Ed. I would bring the trigger guard up just a little higher, though. I can see a little gap in the curve of the trigger, and the last thing you would want would be for something to get in that gap and cause an AD while you are trying to draw the gun. May seem unlikely, but all it takes is one time. I really prefer to have the trigger completely covered by the holster to prevent any possibility of accidents.