New Knives Now Available!

Discussion in 'Ed Caffrey, MS "The Montana Bladesmith"' started by EdCaffreyMS, Oct 17, 2016.

1. EdCaffreyMS

EdCaffreyMS Forum Owner - Moderator

After that dreaded job of "leather working" (my least favorite part of knifemaking), I have several new pieces available on my website. All the newest ones are "hunters" in various configurations.

Here's a couple of examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To see more, along with all the details, visit my "Available Knives" webpage.

2. Wayne Bensinger

Wayne Bensinger Well-Known Member

Real nice Ed, simple refined look. Looks like it could be used for a large magnitude of jobs, not only on the hunt, but all around the camp.

Wayne

3. NEILYEAG

NEILYEAG Active Member

Maybe a dreaded one, but you surely do a good job on the leather. The first one where the texture border matches the scales is really awesome.
    Neil

4. EdCaffreyMS

EdCaffreyMS Forum Owner - Moderator

:) Thank you! I honestly don't know where my dislike of leather work came from, but I've always just dreaded it, but have never been able to find anyone that builds a sheath to my satisfaction. Don't get me wrong, there are some brilliant sheath makers out there, but in my experience they either insist on using leather that is way too light for my liking, or the sheath simply doesn't "match" the knife..... I'm sure it's just me being so anal about my knives....... so I just "suck it up" and continue to do it myself. :)