New Guy in Town: Dream Burls

Dream Burls

Hi everyone. My name is Myron Ronis and today I’d like to introduce you to Dream Burls (dreamburls.com), an on-line store that features burled and highly figured wood blanks for knife handles.

I’m relatively new to the world of kitchen knives. Two years ago for I went hunting for a new set of kitchen knives for my wife for Christmas and it didn’t take long before I knew I wanted a custom knife. (Yeah, my wife gets the store bought and I go for the custom.) Living in the New York area I reached out to a local knife maker to make a knife for me. The search for the handle of my custom (a 225 mm gyuoto with an Arizona Ironwood D handle, ivory spacer and African blackwood ferrule) is what caused me to fall in love with burled woods. And that passion has solidified and grown.

Being retired, after 34 years of public service, I had been looking for something to sink my teeth into and satisfy my creative and productive side. After seven years of trying this, that and the other thing I finally found something that gets my juices flowing. So about a year ago I began to formulate a business model to buy, finish and sell wood for knife handles. The plan went into action mid-2012 and is now a reality.

I have some unique and diverse choices for your next knife handle(s) at what I think are very competitive prices. While my inventory is relatively small compared to other suppliers I try to have a wide, high quality selection. All pieces, other than natural hardwoods, are stabilized by K&G, sanded to 120 grit and ready to go. I’d appreciate it if you’d check it out at dreamburls.com and let me know what you think.

I recently subscribed to Knife Dogs as a forum owner and will be working to get my forum up and running with my Avatar and signature as soon as I can. In the meantime, I wanted to introduce myself to you all. I look forward to getting to know you and this community.

Imagine the possibilities!

welcome to KnifeDogs Myron,
we are working on getting your forum up and running and good luck with your new business. I hope it does well..
t

Welcome! Checked your site and I really like the looks of that white teak. Good luck with your business!

Welcome to the forum!

I setup an account started my wishlist, went to see the White Teak, and my browser locked up. I will continue later. I liked the Satin Wood.

Regards,

George

Welcome to the forum!

I setup an account started my wishlist, went to see the White Teak, and my browser locked up. I will continue later. I liked the Satin Wood.

Regards,

George

Thanks George, I really appreciate the interest. Let me know if you have any problems.

Great looking wood! Do you guys ship to Canada?

Absolutely. Postage is a little ridiculous up there, but I try to keep it as low as possible. And if you place a big order I'll do what I can to discount the postage and order if possible. Thanks for your interest.

Back