New E6

mitch13

Willam Henry E6
It arrived yesterday afternoon. It is is serial #25 etched on blade

Specs
2 3/4 German D2 steet RC 60 to 62, Tungsten carbide coated.
machined alumium handle, carbon fiber inlay. No liners or back strap.
Button lock
Ti pocket clip

Fit & finish is very good It is a very light for obvious reasons.

Blade
The grinds are symetrical & sharp. It's a little broader & the edge is a touch lower than the front of handle, which I think will be a benefit with slicing tasks.
I haven't used a coated blade for extended period, so I'm interested in seeing how holds up doing daily jobs. Cardboard can leave vertical marks on blades & I cut up few.

Handle
The machining adds a bit of grip to the handle.
If it didn't have the choil & edge started at handle. Then I think handle would be a fraction short, as it is allows the index finger to move forward for a comfortable grip.
The clip is good, sits a bit wider at the top so easier to open, comaped to those that sit flush & are nail breakers to open to get over your pocket

This is a light in weight knife but extremely sturdy due to materials used.
D2 is a great steel in my opinion Takes a great edge & holds edge well.
It should work well in daily chores, cutting fruit, cutting bags open, cadrboard, trimming a bit of leather or even slicing peperoni sausage. That's the sort of thing my edc has to put up with.
It's a discret carry, which is important to a lot of knife users.. Here's the pics.
mitch

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
I'm jealous. I love the WH designs, even the ugly ones. Wait, is there a such thing as an ugly WH? Nah, just some I don't like quite as much as some others.

mitch13

I'm jealous. I love the WH designs, even the ugly ones. Wait, is there a such thing as an ugly WH? Nah, just some I don't like quite as much as some others.
Murph, well said.

No point being jealous I bet you have a few:D
mitch

murphda2

I wish. I had the opportunity to buy WH at wholesale prices a few years back but didn't. I've been kicking myself in the hind quarters ever since. Wish I still had that opportunity.

I did make a new acquaintance last week who is a BM dealer. The funny thing is that he's a Case fan who really dislikes BM. He was looking for some things that I had info on and next thing you knew we had struck up a conversation and I helped him get ahold of the items he was looking for. I now have an inside on deals on BM. I'll be adding to my BM collection very soon. I'm even thinking of investing in a couple of Gold Class pieces.

mitch13

I wish. I had the opportunity to buy WH at wholesale prices a few years back but didn't. I've been kicking myself in the hind quarters ever since. Wish I still had that opportunity.

I did make a new acquaintance last week who is a BM dealer. The funny thing is that he's a Case fan who really dislikes BM. He was looking for some things that I had info on and next thing you knew we had struck up a conversation and I helped him get ahold of the items he was looking for. I now have an inside on deals on BM. I'll be adding to my BM collection very soon. I'm even thinking of investing in a couple of Gold Class pieces.
Yeah I had 1 of the earlier linerlocks then their prices sky rocketed, good to see them make something affordable.

Murph, that was very fortunate, so we will see some new BM's posted soon:D
mitch

murphda2

Gonna go see the guy tomorrow hopefully. Planning to order two or three new one for now. I'm thinking I need the "Onslaught, MPR, and Subrosa" and I'm thinking maybe the new Lum design too. I'm going to have to see what kind of deal he can get me before I make a deffinite decision. I'd really like to have one of the new Gold Class "Shoki" models too.

mitch13

Thanks JA

Gonna go see the guy tomorrow hopefully. Planning to order two or three new one for now. I'm thinking I need the "Onslaught, MPR, and Subrosa" and I'm thinking maybe the new Lum design too. I'm going to have to see what kind of deal he can get me before I make a deffinite decision. I'd really like to have one of the new Gold Class "Shoki" models too.
I went & had a look. I like the shape of the onslaught but at 4 1/4 blade too big. The shoki is nice but you'ld want a good deal on it.
mitch